SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Urban Bowie-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban Bowie-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
here is a neat little belt knife design for fall. a variant of our Urban Legend, this is a more straight forward bowie style in a small package. 7.75" OAL and this one is 80CrV2 steel. we are using this nice dyed maple burl for the handle.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your doing this to me on purpose - aren't you?

My Mojave Bowie (yes everyone I bought it) is even more amazing in hand. And the burl grips are a work of art!

Posts: 1753 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated, my friend. so glad you are happy with that big Mojave. i have just been on a bowie style jag lately.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a quick and dirty shot of the Urban Bowie. the handle is about 90% done at this point. there are still several small things that are left until it is finished, but we are pretty close now. she should be all wrapped up by the end of the weekend. i have always loved the dog bone handle style on bowie designs.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
she is done now, fellas. this one really just came about very organically. that maple burl handle with natural micarta pins really hit the mark with this one. i left a little more thickness to the handle on this one. really gives it a good feel in the hand. reminds me of a single action revolver.

dozer