SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What is your EDC fixed blade?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your EDC fixed blade? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Thinking about carrying a fixed blade for EDC. Whats your choice and how do you carry it?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Not for everybody..a friend at work bought this for me last year, I carry it everyday, it's a worker!Holds an edge and loves to cut stuff. I do carry a Smith's pocket sharpener for tune ups.

https://ganzoknife.com/wa-data.../8446/8446.900x0.jpg

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winkler Knives belt knife. Its just awesome.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prepsheriff:
Not for everybody..a friend at work bought this for me last year, I carry it everyday, it's a worker!Holds an edge and loves to cut stuff. I do carry a Smith's pocket sharpener for tune ups.

https://ganzoknife.com/wa-data.../8446/8446.900x0.jpg

That fixed blade is broken!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have been carrying this one for some time now. i have a small rotation and this is my favorite right now. Kitsune XT in a pocket sheath.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

A prototype carbon fiber knife - 9.5" O.A.L. - 4.75" blade - SHARP!
-with custom prototype sheath made by Tim Wegner way before BLADE-TECH became big. I've known Tim for 35+ years when he was making made-to-order custom Kydex in his shop in Puyallup, WA.
He would sell me numbered production knives that he received from manufacturers. These knives Tim used to produce prototype sheaths for the various makers. He has come a long way.

The stamping reads:
BLADE-TECH
TIM WEGNER
MAKER
CUSTOM SHEATHS

Posts: 3991 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Camillus Talon (Simonich collaboration). I carry it my front pocket in a kydex sheath which releases with a simple thumb push. Have 3 of them: Talonite, 154CM serrated edge, 154CM plain edge. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16138 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Ah...reading is fundamental...my bad Smile

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3991 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post

Carried in the sheath shown in the plier pocket of my Dickies carpenter pants.

It recently survived a trip through the washer. It was spared the dryer only because of the clunk. Smile

Blame Thanks to that guy Dozer for making this happen.

Posts: 3570 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I carry an ESEE CR2.5 on my belt. Handiest little thing and it stays out of the way so well that I forget I have it on me sometimes.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
ESEE 3 (or sometimes a RAT 3).

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Colonelblades NoVz

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I rarely carry a fixed blade, anymore, but this is the one. It was made as a collaboration of Scott Tanguay and Lamont Coombs. It is always in my Jeep and when hiking somewhere on me.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I should be getting an Esee Izula on Wednesday. Sadly my states law leaves concealed fixed blades in too much of a gray area.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I carried an Esse-4 IWB, conceiled, for almost a year just to see if I could. Never actually used it on anything.

For years I wore a Benchmade RiverRescue on my belt for work. When I changed jobs I stopped. For a couple years I've worm a Boker Cop-Tool on my belt, useful for many things at work... except being a knife. It's poor at being a knife. It made me miss the Benchmade. Recently I found this pocket sheath and have taken to carrying it in my back pocket at work.

If I could find a chisel blade knife that ticked all the right boxes I'd carry that, but I haven't found what I'm after.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I carry one of these but not a an ED basis.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7627 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I use to carry a HAK on a bead chain around my neck but it came loose a couple times. With that and now they are also somewhat collectible, it stays in the drawer.

If I wear a small fixed blade it’s either a a Bradford Knives Guardian 3 in a horizontal sheath just left of the belt buckle or a Strider DB vertical behind the offside hip. The Bradford is a better everyday use shape to me, as the Strider is a Tanto blade.

I’m workin on trying to find a lower profile sheath for the Winkler Blue Ridge Hunter. I’m not looking real hard as it’s pushing the size for me.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Set up the sheath for horizontal carry and rides at 1:00.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tigereye313,

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post