SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Bradford knives--good, bad?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradford knives--good, bad? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have one? I like the looks of their Guardian 3.5 but have never seen one in real life. Anyone with any experience with them?

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They seem to be well regarded in knife forum’s I’ve seen but I haven’t held one myself.
Not outrageously expensive but not on the lowest end of the price range either.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are gtg.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Bradford makes nice knives, and they're good to deal with too. I couldn't find the model I wanted on his website, so I e-mailed him asking when he planned to make the one I wanted. He got right back to me, saying to go ahead & order what I want & he'll make it. I did & it was in the mail the next day.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good feedback. Thanks guys.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The one pictured above is a G3. I should clarify my previous post. The model that I wanted was showing "out of stock" on his website for some time, and I e-mailed him to ask when he'd be making the next run of that particular model. He must have had some blade blanks of that model in his shop, so he made one for me the same day with my choice of scales.

Here's the G3.5:

And a comparison:

The horizontal sheaths are easily concealed with just an untucked t-shirt. Obviously, the G3 is more easily concealed that the 3.5. He also has kydex sheaths available on his website.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
I have the G3. Nice size and shape. I was dissapointed at the finnish work for the price point. I did contact and let them know. I had to dremel down the handle at the back. Overall good quality blade.

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Love mine.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Guardian 3 in m390. Love it!

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G3 that has been a super knife for me when I carry a fixed blade. Very happy with it and the size

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Good knives! I have the Guardian 3, can't recall which steel but a great knife. Also have two of the kitchen knives in AEB-L steel.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post