SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    PSA: Site for pocket knife fans.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA: Site for pocket knife fans. Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted
I researched this forum and didn't see any mention of this site so I thought I'd pass it on. It's www.allaboutpocketknives.com. It has a ton of info on vintage knives if you have one you're curious about. I found out an old Case I found back when I was a kid was made anywhere from 1940 to 1964. Hope this helps.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I take a gander there time to time. Even bought a couple of vintage knives from members there. Good experience all round.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I'm not an active member there, but without AAPK dot com, and off hand, I likely wouldn't have these two beauties.

(1998) CASE Select Peanut blue bone with long pull
(1975) SCHRADE Russell Barlow commemorative issue
SCHRADE used old original vintage Russell die tooling for the bolster and tang stamps

A former SCHRADE cutler (Eric Albers) offered to replace the aged and faded Delrin on the Barlow. I said, "Sure, sawcut bone would be really nice." The cutler countered, "Well, I've got some fossilized Mammoth tooth just laying around waiting for a project. How about that?" ... It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

After SCHRADE folded in N.Y., Eric became head cutler at Canal Street Cutlery until they too folded in 2015(?).
Haven't spoken to Eric in a while and not sure what he's up to these days. Only wish him the very best. Thanks Eric !!!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post