SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
cleaned up and rough ground now. this is a slim petty chef style. modern French shape with a more Japanese style blade grind. i have had several requests for one like this and finally got around to it. this one has a book matched set of scales of dyed burl. it is some stunning wood and will fit this one right down to the ground.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Excellent. My wife loves her chef knives of yours. This one is great

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i keep getting requests for slimmer chef style knives. so, i am cranking out a few alternatives to our big chef models. some folks don't need a big 10.0" chef for their kitchen. gotta offer a wide variety for all occasions.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
we are working on a short meat slicer now. i wanted to make it similar to the large japanese tuna slicers, but scaled down for more general use in the kitchen.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s gonna be great

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
you are too kind. i am excited to see how this one comes out. i have some nice wood set aside for the handle. should be pretty unique.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
moving right along. got the flats etched and cleaned up. blade is rough ground, as well. next is to clay the blade for heat treat. don't mind the other blades. they are for other projects we are working on.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
we did a fun but subtle hamon on this one. very dark dark blade color overall. time to fit the bocote wood for the handle.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
she is all done now. some times the work goes quickly and everything cooperates with you.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
got some new Slim Chef and Paring knife models on the bench. had to take some time to repair storm damage to the shop, but that ain't gonna slow us down too much.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Those wouldn't happen to be mine in the making.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
actually these are up for grabs. i should have some progress shots of your set in the next day or so. they are coming along nicely. they are going to be outstanding when done.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is my latest project on the bench. slim san mai slicer that is rough ground and about to get heat treated later today. you can already see the core peeking out. this one will be a premium cutting machine. trying to decide on the handle for this beauty. should we go with a dark, subdued handle material or something that really stands out?

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I think this needs a burl/lite blue resin handle.

Regards,

P.

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i think you are on to something, my friend. Big Grin here it is all cleaned up and awaiting some special handle material.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
while i am waiting on the handle material for the san mai model, i managed to finish this 8.0" standard chef with blackwood handle.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
My wife has turned into a kitchen knife snob. She’s thrown out anything that isn’t a Liontribe or DBK knife. Those of you that haven’t gotten one of these for yourself or your wife you are missing out.

Regards,

P.

Picture of RoyW
posted Hide Post
I will have to order one sooner rather than later.
The few knives I have gotten form Dozer have been awesome.
I would have to keep it away from the my girlfriend though, as I would be afraid she would cut her finger off or throw it in the dishwasher.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 84 | Location: Taylorville,Il. | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
You can NEVER make too many “pairing” knives……………⚔️ Ask the Wives of the guys that buy knives or makes them..Wink My Wife is definitely fond!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks fellas. my mrs. is giving me the business for not making her one of every kitchen design that i make. just not enough hours in the day, but she ain't buying that answer. Big Grin

dozer