SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Where to buy MT Halo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy MT Halo? Login/Join 
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted
I'm looking to buy a grail knife.
I know, it's not practical etc.
It's one of those things I guess.
Anybody know a good dealer to buy one from? I can't seem to find one in stock.
Anybody know of one for sale?
Thanks!

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
I called Microtech and was told they probably won't make the Halo again. Sounds strange to me. I found a LNIB on another forum.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't think they have made Halos in a while. That is the way they are. Sometimes there isn't much logic in it, as I imagine they could sell them.

Even when they still have a model in production, they won't make any for months. I think they make a few models at a time and then switch to other models. Maybe they don't have the capacity to be building all the models at once. They have been developing a new model lately, the Hera, so they are probably focused on those.

There is a good subReddit for knife sales called Knife Swap. Lots of good stuff comes up there. If you watch it, you'll find a Halo, but you have to be fast as they are popular. The group is well run, and you can trust the members, in my experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Knife_Swap/

Some of the other knife forums have good classified sections. I have used BladeForums.com from time to time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://southernedges.com/search?q=halo

I think most if not all are out of stock, but didn't check every one.

Good people to do business with, I'm a satisfied customer.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
https://southernedges.com/search?q=halo

I think most if not all are out of stock, but didn't check every one.

Good people to do business with, I'm a satisfied customer.

I think they are all out of stock. And Southern Edges gets as many as anyone. If they don't have something from MT, that is a sign it isn't out there. It isn't definitive, but . . .

And yes, Southern Edges is a good seller. One of the best. If you call them up, they'll answer questions. Good folks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post