SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Leek spring too weak?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leek spring too weak? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I think the spring in my Leek is just done. It opens 3/4 of the way then stops.

I have disassembled it, cleaned it, lightly oiled it and tightened until it should be loose enough.

Anyone else have this happen? It’s a 2007.

I know I could send it back but I just use it as is. I do not want a full replacement, which is possible. I may try to do the part request.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
I have never disassembled my Leek. It is a 2009 model that has been great. I do clean it with high pressure air and then shooter lube with a needle applicator.

Try it with the screw so loose it would take loktite to hold it in place and see if it moves with a purpose maybe?

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Your spring is sprung. Kershaw will mail you the parts for free and it’s a 5 min job. I recently did my old leek and it’s waaay better.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2243 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
I have this happen with my leek if the pivot screw gets too tight or if the spring bar screws are too tight. I have a bad habit of over tightening from years of heavy truck work.

My leeks are all frame lock without liners except one. My leek with the liner only did this when the spring had taken a set.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, time for a new spring.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post