SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Recommend a Hori Hori knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a Hori Hori knife Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
Daughter is crazy into gardening, I’d like to get her a good quality tool. The local boutique garden center is asking north of $70 for what appears nice enough. Seems expensive.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I looked and couldn't find one made in America. Amazon has a large selection, just pick one that you like. All under $30.00!

These were recommended somewhere and I bought them for my wife, she loves them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Bought my wife this one and she likes it. It’s held up to our rocky ground so far. Sheath is garbage, but the Hori Hori itself is awesome

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Bought my wife this one and she likes it. It’s held up to our rocky ground so far. Sheath is garbage, but the Hori Hori itself is awesome

That one was my first inclination

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Admit it: you just like saying, "hori hori."

(It actually translates to "dig dig.")

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16362 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these. Surprisingly nice foe twenty bucks. Sheath is garbage but I’m going to dig in the yard so who cares? I’ve been using a very expensive albeit extra fixed blade I had lying around to keep the sprinkler head circles free of grass. This is a much smarter and economical choice for that.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Admit it: you just like saying, "hori hori."

(It actually translates to "dig dig.")
Smile it came in last week. Looks like a great thing to dig cat holes. Her birthday her present.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The newest model has a plastic sheath for $10 more.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post