SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Anyone purchase from ***********
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone purchase from *********** Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted
I was searching for a knife that is discontinued using the googles, and ***************** popped up. Pricing is a little surprising…almost too good to be true.

Has anyone purchased from them? Experience?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Prices are way to good to be legit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, surprising ain't a strong enough word. Every one is at least $50 less than competitors for their ZT line. New ZT 0452 for $150!

I'm interested but very suspicious.

Bob

Posts: 1557 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way its legit, they show a Benchmade Infidel for $111.49.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
If the price on a single item is too good to be true and the rest are accurate, it may be a sale. If the price on EVERY item is too good to be true it's a scam.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3506 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Are they blems?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That site has the same look and feel as a bunch of other definite scam sites. I'm pretty sure they constantly rename themselves as they get exposed but use the same basic template. Avoid like the plague. No way are you getting high demand, rare, discontinued items at steep discounts.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You guys have to stop this. You have to stop bringing this stuff into the forum. You have to stop.

I am begging you, for the love of God, please stop with this desire to get something for nothing. Please stop dropping this crap into this forum. Don't you realize what you're doing? It has to stop.

quote:
...almost too good to be true.
No shit

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Sorry Para..
Didn’t intend to create a problem. Apologies—i didn’t see the other thread about asking about websites/vendors.
I haven’t seen this vendor before, and this brain trust is very diverse and wanted to get others perspective or experience. I wasn’t looking to get something for nothing—-I was shopping/searching. I don’t buy a lot of knives online.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're fine. All I ask is that you guys let me express my frustration with these things.

And the other thread was created after I commented in this thread, so you couldn't have seen it before you posted.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
This is one of the newest scams I have seen. You search for an item. Lo and behold, in a later search, you are directed to a website that looks more or less like a legitimate webstore selling that item. At a crazy low price - like half. And a bunch of related stuff at crazy prices. One I got last week was for knives - they had Spyderco knives at insane prices - dozens of models. I was looking for a Spyderco accessory that is scarce, and it didn't take two hours for a scam site to pop up in my searches.

Look at who the seller really is. The knife "seller" I looked at had an address in LA, which when I looked it up on Google maps was a vacant storefront. Another one's phone was nonexistent. Do a Google search for the "business" name, if you don't recognize it. You'll be able to see easily if it is real, or an automatically generated false store.

After seeing one or two of these, you'll recognize them right off. The website you are directed to looks very generic, and not much like any real webstore you have ever used. No details - no photos of the showroom - no message from the owner - very few pictures except for the stock photos of the merchandise.

I would guess someone has written software to automatically generate these fake websites by mining a legit store, or maybe even the manufacturer's website. They have a merchant account, and they are off in the fraud business.

At least use your credit card, so that when you don't get the merchandise, you can at least dispute the charges and let VISA charge them back for the amount you paid.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So I shouldn't buy one of the Honda generators on clearance for $79 that Face Book keeps telling me about?

Are you sure? I meant it is regular an $800 generator and the post has lots of positive comments from satisfied customers Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post