SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Anyone care to share their experience with Steel Will knives?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone care to share their experience with Steel Will knives? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Looking at this one in particular:

Modus M390 steel assisted opening

Looks nice to me and the price puts it in line with my limits, but I know nothing of the brand.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the brand so I was curious. Looks good from a random sampling of 1.

https://www.bladeforums.com/th...42970/#post-18787507

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of my Modus D2. Terrific EDC with great flipper action. The Modus M390 knife is discontinued by the manufacturer so whatever inventory that is left at the distributor(s)is all there will be. Compared to the D2 model, it runs on bearings as opposed to bushings and, of course, uses far superior steel and carbon fiber scales. The M390 knives are made in Italy as opposed to the lesser models (like mine) which are Chinese made. This is not an assisted opening knife but it does have a silky smooth light flipper action. If you want one, now's the time to buy before they're history.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elde,

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Ordered one.
Thanks for the info.
They are sold out on amazon but still available at Grand Prairie Knives.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Received a couple days ago.
Sure looks like a hell of a lot of knife for the money to me. Cool

This is my first flipper and I am very pleased. The description says it isn't assisted opening, but it certainly flies right into the locked position fast enough to fool me.

As for the sharpness, I haven't looked at it under a microscope but I believe it is about as sharp as the metal will allow.

Doubt it will ever be highly sought after by collectors, but the serial number is below 20. My guess is it was made on the first day of production.

Now I have to get some less expensive versions for carry - I just don't wanna scratch this one. Roll Eyes Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

The Constable
posted Hide Post
A Modus has been my edc for 3 months now. Heck of a bargain for what one gets.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
My Modus M390/CF was delivered today. I can confirm that it is a lot of knife for the money, and pretty stout without considering the cost factor. Knivesshipfree appear to still have a few in stock.

Posts: 6391 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post