SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    ***Shuriken Karma!!***Winner flesheatingvirus***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

***Shuriken Karma!!***Winner flesheatingvirus*** Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
It's been a while since I did one of these. Merry Christmas.

Up for your consideration is a set of Bo (stick) Shuriken. Designed mainly for "no-spin" throwing. Made of stainless steel with a hardness of 59 HRC, these are 20 cm long (about 8") and weigh 90 g each. Comes with a nylon sheath. They are perfectly balanced and have a good heft to them (please be careful with these!!!).

You must have some experience with knife-throwing, or at least eager to learn (tell us about it). You must be able to provide a physical mailing address for UPS (no PO boxes) in the United States.

Minimum post count: 500

The winner will be determined in a purely arbitrary manner at a time unbeknownst even to me. Winner must respond within 72 hours.

Good luck!

N++A Shuriken - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

N++A Shuriken - 2 by kpkina, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Oh my, I've never been the first one in.

Thank you for a chance at this generous karma

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m in. I’d love to add this to my tomahawk throwing. Thank you!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17242 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Please and thank you!

I throw darts like knives. This would be perfect.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Would love to try those.

Please add me. Thanks!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
That’s fantastic. Please add my name to the mix.
My first real exposure to knife throwing was at Subic Bay, Philippines. I was there for a couple of the advanced schools offered there & found a local knife maker who had a stump / tree round with throwing knives stuck in it.
While I was buying a couple knives he had and ordering a couple more to be made he noticed me eyeballing the throwing knives & said I could give it a go. I was of course pathetic at it. He then proceeded to throw 6 in a row , perfectly placed.
He took some time right there to give me some basic instruction and after that day I would stop in and watch him work & he’d watch me throw his knives. Eventually I bought a set from him but as Japan has laws against knives with sharpened edges being shipped into Japan, I sent them home.
They got a lot of use while in administrative training in the field in the states.
Once I get into blacksmithing a number of my Brothers from the Corps have been hitting me up to make knives. I tell them “I buy knives, I don’t make them”.
It would be interesting to see how much comes back .

Thanks for the chance to yack about something I’d all but forgotten about.
I still have one of the 18” Philippine Bowies I carried throughout my time in the Corps.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Heck YES!!!!!!!! Thanks!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Yes, I’d be willing. I used to do tomahawk and knife throwing through a Boy Scout type group.
These would be very interesting. Count me in and thanks.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That sounds like fun. The child in me wants to play but the adult says I'll prolly poke an eye out.

Thanks for the few moments of replaying my childhood fantasy of being a ninja but no need to include me in the karma.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
And the winner is... flesheatingvirus!! The rest of you came very close, and hopefully will partake in my next karma.

flesheatingvirus please send your shipping address to my profile email address.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much! Email inbound.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17242 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post