SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Sharpener Suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharpener Suggestions Login/Join 
posted
I have about a half dozen "good" pocket knives ranging from Benchmades to Emerson to Rick Hinderer. The steels vary from 154CM to D2 and 20CV. I also have a mix of kitchen knives including a Chris Reeve Sikayo S35VN chisel grind. A couple of my pocket knives are also only ground on one side.

I'm debating between a Wicked Edge Go and a Edge Pro Apex 3 system. According to the manufacturer specs, both will do what I need. Although I have doubts about getting the necessary angles to do my few blades that are only ground on one side.

What are your recommendations? If I buy the WE Go, I realize I'll also have to buy some courser stones for re-profiling.

Thanks!

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggest to also consider the TS Prof sharpener.

From having used a Edge Pro, WE and the TS Prof. TS Prof is my pick.

Also consider getting diamond or CBN stones. You'll need them to properly sharpen your 35V and 20CV blades.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! I pulled the trigger on a KME system last night. Got the diamond stones and the optional base. It was a little cheaper than some of the other options with all four stones and should do everything I need.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post