SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Who can repair an old Benchmade
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who can repair an old Benchmade Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
Does anyone have a suggestion for someone to repair an older Snody design Benchmade that Benchmade won't work on? Not sure what the issue is, but it doesn't want to open.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Bob at the Classic edge.

You will have to explain the problem, but he may be the best resource I can think of. He tends to have a lot of exp with older knife models.

https://www.theclassicedge.com/

The Classic Edge
14300 Midlothian Turnpike
Suite E
Midlothian, VA 23113

Store Hours:
See Calendar

Phone:
(804) 794-4256

Email:
service@theclassicedge.com

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of Benchmade not working on one of their own knives. Maybe they have no parts?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Unsure because it was my friend who spoke to them. That was my first suggestion, but he'd already talked to then and for whatever reason, they said no.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Just like Benchmade………disappointing

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Is it an auto? If so, this may be why Benchmade declined service.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Is it an auto? If so, this may be why Benchmade declined service.

I think so. Why would they refuse to service an auto?

Si vis pacem para bellum

posted Hide Post
I'd try again via email. It could be your buddy just happen to get the one idiot who doesn't know anything. An email can be forwarded to the right person. I wouldn't take no for an answer, if it was a cheap knife, that would be a different story, but Benchmade doesn't sell knives cheap.

Good luck!

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Benchmade repairs/refurbs autos. Need to have the correct paperwork for an auto.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s an Auto and you are in a state that Autos are illegal in they won’t touch it.

5x P226, 2x P229, 1x P220, 1x P238, 1x365, 1x MPX

Posts: 10 | Registered: October 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are autos legal in Florida?

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Autos are legal to own and open carry in Florida, concealed have to be CCW holder.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note: Any automatic knife (button activated spring-opening) returned for Warranty service from outside of Oregon must also include either a signed copy of the "Auto Knife Opening Acknowledgment Form", your web account username if you have already accepted the AKO Acknowledgment. Otherwise, the knife must be returned through the authorized Benchmade seller, from which the knife was originally purchased. No exceptions will be made.

Automatic knives will be returned in compliance with Federal statutes.

https://www.benchmade.com/warranty-service#A42BNJL

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't send anything to Benchmade. They may decide it needs to be cut into pieces.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
About that…

quote:
(a) If a knife returned for warranty work is found to be an actual or suspected counterfeit or replica item, Benchmade shall have the right to impound the knife for further investigation of its authenticity. Benchmade shall not be liable to you, or anyone else, for payment of the price of any suspected counterfeit knife under investigation. If Benchmade, in its sole discretion, determines that the knife you returned for repairs is a counterfeit, Benchmade has the right to permanently impound and/or destroy the knife. Knives determined to be counterfeit will not be returned to you. Please sign the Counterfeit Goods Acknowledgement form to confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to the terms relating to counterfeit goods.

(b) Benchmade shall have the right to conduct destructive examinations to verify the authenticity of any knife Benchmade receives which it suspects to be counterfeit. Benchmade shall not be liable to you, or anyone else, for the price of any knife destroyed during such examination if it is later found to be a counterfeit.

(c) Benchmade's investigation may include the participation of third parties or governmental investigative agencies as required by law. By sending in your knife for repair, you agree to cooperate in good faith with any investigation conducted by Benchmade, third parties, and/or governmental agencies, including, but not limited to, cooperating with investigations to identify the seller or source of the counterfeit good(s) by providing the name, location, and other identifying information about the seller.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jesus, these people...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
About that…

quote:
(a) If a knife returned for warranty work is found to be an actual or suspected counterfeit or replica item, Benchmade shall have the right to impound the knife for further investigation of its authenticity. Benchmade shall not be liable to you, or anyone else, for payment of the price of any suspected counterfeit knife under investigation. If Benchmade, in its sole discretion, determines that the knife you returned for repairs is a counterfeit, Benchmade has the right to permanently impound and/or destroy the knife. Knives determined to be counterfeit will not be returned to you. Please sign the Counterfeit Goods Acknowledgement form to confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to the terms relating to counterfeit goods.

(b) Benchmade shall have the right to conduct destructive examinations to verify the authenticity of any knife Benchmade receives which it suspects to be counterfeit. Benchmade shall not be liable to you, or anyone else, for the price of any knife destroyed during such examination if it is later found to be a counterfeit.

(c) Benchmade's investigation may include the participation of third parties or governmental investigative agencies as required by law. By sending in your knife for repair, you agree to cooperate in good faith with any investigation conducted by Benchmade, third parties, and/or governmental agencies, including, but not limited to, cooperating with investigations to identify the seller or source of the counterfeit good(s) by providing the name, location, and other identifying information about the seller.

WTH

Si vis pacem para bellum

posted Hide Post
When I worked for a global corp. I thought their Terms & Conditions element for every proposal we tendered was absurd.

Got nothing on Benchmade. Shooee.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Dayum...

Talk about carte blanche.

Haven't seen any other company behave in this manner with regard to their customers.

Are they that convinced their products are being rampantly counterfeit?

They are really good at shooting themselves in the feet Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an auto that needed repair. They declined as I am not LEO. I talked to people at a local dealer and they sent it in for me using their name. Benchmade fixed it, sent it back to them and I paid them back their postage. This particular dealer didn’t charge me an fees.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post