SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kailash bites again...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kailash bites again... Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted
Thanks to all you enablers posting up here recently, this showed up in my email last night...

She's gonna be a monster...

Going to go with an acid washed finish, brass fittings, and a sharpened back edge.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dammit. These threads are making me want another one.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Definitely following this!! I miss making knives…..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
cool I ordered a Bhura on 10/20

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a tag axel? My word! Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

It’s getting closer. Sword bearer is optional.

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
did you get your knife yet

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
In the mail as I type. ETA the 12th.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Should be here Wednesday...

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Well crap. Looks like it got hung up in Nepal. DHL had some issue. New delivery date pending.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Better images to follow, but the honorable Mick Dundee has proclaimed that this is, in fact, a knife.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
How is the fit and finish of the knife?
Maybe on a 1-10 scale of various parts.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
There are some rough bits on the handle, but I ordered this one on the rustic side. They left the handle unpolished to match the blade and there are some obvious dings to the brass spacer. I'm good with that. Everything fits up nice and tight. There is no movement anywhere and the horn scales are perfectly fit to the tang. There is one sharp spot on the front of the guard I'm going to take off with a polishing wheel, but other than that I'm actually really impressed. Remember, this is made buy a guy in Nepal with a hammer, not on CNC machinery.

Functionally, it's outstanding. Surprisingly light and lively in the hand. Main blade came quite sharp and is thin enough at the edge that I'm confident I could put a razor edge on it with just some stropping. Back edge is like a very, very sharp axe edge. I wouldn't want to grab it.

When I first saw it I thought the point was too low. Then I thrust with it and discovered the point falls directly in line with my forearm bones.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with everything except the sheath, which is...functional...