SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    William Henry Persia knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

William Henry Persia knife Login/Join 
posted
Bought this from a collector who wasn't using it. I have the same feeling and suspect that it's going to stay in the drawer. Too expensive to walk round with cutting open cardboard boxes.

However - it's super smooth and the Damascus blade looks much better than the photo shows, but ....it's just too much. Prefer my Kershaw Blurs for EDC.

But it's sure purty. Cell phone shot of it out of the box. Maybe I'll give it to my kid and let it be his problem.

I should know better. I was once sitting at a friends patio and somehow one fella and I started talking knives. We pulled our carry's out, his was a staggeringly beautiful filigreed William Henry and mine happened to be a Stout Utilitarian functional (but plain looking) Lone Wolf D2 Harshey (before Benchmade bought them and folded the company) and I thought, I wouldn't trade 3 of those for this one, even recognizing that his literally cost 10 times what mine did.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Nice looking knife. I'd use it.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, the problem is that I use knives fairly hard: daily. Likely a matter of time till I've got the tip snapped off from some prying operation and the whole handle is scratched, the gold has rubbed off and instead of a shiny knife, in it's place will be a dull looking one.

I can keep the blade sharp though...but that's the easy part.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
WOW, thats beautiful!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Cannot say I like the shape of the blade but damn, that metal - I'd go out of my way to have a commissioned with it.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. I have always wondered who makes William Henry knives.
Anyone know?

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 686 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pattern to that Damascus. Can't help you with your dilemma, I'm of a similar mindset to you. I've got a few Spydercos that aren't anywhere near as fancy as that William Henry, but they sit in the box because I don't want to thrash them.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BlackAgnes, William Henry makes their own knives in Oregon. https://www.williamhenry.com/knives.html

Pretty drool worthy site.

P220 Smudge, well, spydercos are pretty stout in comparison, they'd be better able to take the abuse a well used knife recieves. The Kershaw Blur/Tanto Blade in my pocket is about 3 to 4 years old and except for the crap I see which I need to wash off the blade, it's newer looking with only some minor anodizing wear on the high points.