SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Randall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Randall Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I never considered a model 28, and it is not a traditional Randall. But I saw this one in person and it felt and looked great.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not often I come across a production knife I've never seen before. That's a pretty blade. Congrats!

Posts: 651 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous knife there. Cool

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife.
I have been wanting to go to the museum I just have not made the time.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Great looking knife.

I would very much like to visit Randall Made Knives, but I have no prospect of being in Orlando any time in the foreseeable future. They do say to call ahead if you go as they are not always open for visitors.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Great looking knife.

I would very much like to visit Randall Made Knives, but I have no prospect of being in Orlando any time in the foreseeable future. They do say to call ahead if you go as they are not always open for visitors.

I remember during COVID they shut down but the site now says they are open Monday through Thursday 10am to 4pm.
If I were going I would still call just to make sure they were going to be open tho. Even tho I live in central Florida about 30 miles away it could still take over an hour to get there.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a spectacular Randall.

Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
What a spectacular Randall.

Congratulations.

They all are.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool looking, and seems quite stout. I've only got one, a Model 11 Alaskan Skinner with a stag handle. I don't use it because I don't need to, but I love owning it.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
seems quite stout.

This one has what Randall calls a full tang, as opposed to the stick tang. It ought to be about as stout as they come.

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They tend to multiply...

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You've got quite a few there. Nice bunch.

I like that Copper Companion.

posted Hide Post
One of the cool things about the Randall Museum is that they have knives of many brands there other than Randall. It is the second best Knife Museum that I have seen. The best is in Intercourse, Pennsylvania. Here are my three Randalls.

Model 1-8

Model 1-7

Model 16-7

Rule Number Nine - Always carry a knife.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I've owned several Model 28s and like them a lot. Don't have one right now though.
This is the last one I owned along with a GSO Survive.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2772 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post