SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    A nice $20 knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A nice $20 knife Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted

Randall Model 2 • Fighting Stiletto • 8"

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
you got it for 20?

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Randall for $20??? You stole that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The handle looks ivory. I like it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Arkansas tooth pick $475. Excellent pick up.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Randall Model 18 • Attack Survival • 7.5"

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The "$20" value of the Randalls might be what the $20 coin in the photo(s) is worth today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That 1906-S gold double eagle is worth about $2,000.

The Randalls, while nice knives, are not. Wink (Even both of them put together would only be around half that.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Both the Randalls and the gold coin are borrowed for some photo shoots. I don't spend that kind of $$ for stuff that I won't use.
They make good models though.

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Randall Model 12 13” blade Thorpe Bowie - tool steel

posted Hide Post
I never saw one for $20, but I did see one for $40 at a flea market in North Carolina around 1986. I don't remember which model exactly, but it was about a five-inch blade hunter. I already had a Model 11 Alaskan Skinner that I think I paid $60 for in about 1970, and this wasn't a model I particularly liked, but it was a Randall. It seemed kind of expensive to me at the time (I was strapped for cash), so I took a hard pass on it. Thought better of my decision a little later, and went looking for it the next week from that dealer. Of course it was gone. One of the biggest shopping/buying regrets of my life. Oh, well. But I still have my Model 11. It's a treasure to me even though I never use it (not that I wouldn't, but I have plenty of other knives and don't really need to use it). I just love owning it.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post