SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A little Pike's Peak action with a 1400 HP 1965 Mustang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little Pike's Peak action with a 1400 HP 1965 Mustang Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
When I watch this I can't help but compare this to the people that decide to have a Grizzly Bear as a house pet.

Posts: 4639 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I learned from reading Goofus and Gallant as a tyke that “Nobody likes a showoff”.

Nowadays, showoffs get the chicks and the $$$.

Posts: 26950 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Functionally speaking, the major difference between drifting and a time trial (racing with only one car on the course at a time) is the slip angle. Drifters try for the largest controllable slip angle, while a racer is looking for the slip angle that produces the maximum side force. Both are trying to manage power, braking, gears, etc. to keep the car in a fairly narrow window of performance, the windows are just in different places. Having raced a bit myself on the amateur level, I can tell you holding a controlled drift isn't as easy as it looks. Of course, we didn't call it drifting. We called it 'trying not to spin out.' Once that ass-end steps out, riding it through a corner and ending up still on the course and pointed in the right direction takes some phenomenal luck or real car control skills. Drifting doesn't really float my boat, but I can't look at that video and honestly think that Ken Block doesn't have serious driving skills. Drifting really isn't as easy as it sounds...Well, except for that spinning in circles part. A drunken wombat could manage that trick as long as the car had a sufficient amount of power.

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the constant backfiring thru the turbo ?? seems like constant over revving.

Posts: 5607 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I don't understand the constant backfiring thru the turbo ?? seems like constant over revving.

I believe that those are the external waste gates for the turbos.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6091 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I remember when I posted this video actual mere minutes after it debuted on YouTube. Good times.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...910048034#5910048034

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If he had a decent tune up so it didn't miss so bad, he might get another 10hp out of it...

What, $59.99 at the Pep Boys?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Slight thread drift: (arrrr, he said "drift")

What, exactly, is the point of these cars built specifically to do nothing but turn perfectly good tires into smoke and rubber pollution?

Right up there with the fucking idiots that rev their crotch rockets until the exhaust turns cherry red.

Yeah, I know...get off my lawn...

Fun.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That's a Mustang; NASCAR races Chargers, Camrys, Impalas, and Fusions; and pro wrestling is real.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post