SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I95 between Daytona and World Golf- accidents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I95 between Daytona and World Golf- accidents Login/Join 
posted
Headed home from work and hit stop and go due to an accident.

Had to take a pic of this totally safe at interstate speeds set up.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Rocking the Carolina squat and has an ATV in the bed.
Genius!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I don't think he needs to worry about tailgaters

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
NC has gone so far as to legislate against the “Carolina squat”…. About time in my opinion..these idiots adjust the suspension and then blind every one on the road at night because the headlights won’t point at the roadway anymore…

I hope some shop charges them double to undo the squat

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11242 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What is this Carolina Squat? That’s a real thing?

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Yes and it’s fucking gay!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes it's a real thing, and it's the worst. Worse than worst.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20750 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I was going to say that ATV’s must have gotten much heavier in the last 20 years but then I kept reading. I see.

Wow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thumperfbc,

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Yeah awesome isnt it? Pretty sure its recently been made illegal...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I find it helpful when people identify themselves as stupid from a distance. This makes them easier to avoid.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Word to the wise. If you see one coming near you remember this...

A Grandson has a friend with a very squatted truck and he won't ride with him, says it's mega dangerous because he can't even see where he is going.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They call it the California lean around here.

Pretty prevelant.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Is that what it looks like when you buy a lift kit on the installment plan?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That looks even dumber than the ricers around here with tires so wide/big they’re rubbing their fenders AND they’re canted extremely outward.

What possesses people to WANT to look ridiculous? Eek

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
That looks even dumber than the ricers around here with tires so wide/big they’re rubbing their fenders AND they’re canted extremely outward.

What possesses people to WANT to look ridiculous? Eek

You just don’t understand Stance, Bruh!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Yes it's a real thing, and it's the worst. Worse than worst.

Around these parts I'd think that'd net you a citation for obstructed vision. Oh yeah: And the front side window tint would be illegal, here, as well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26005 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see those all over eastern NC. Seems like they all have a stupid loud exhaust with 8" tips, LED lights under the truck, and some lewd stickers on the back glass.

I really hope the cops crack down on these idiots with the new law.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
and some lewd stickers on the back glass
Yeah, those naked lady silhouettes practically scream "classy," not to mention the Playboy bunny ears.

I am a little surprised the woke aren't protesting the unavailability of naked dude cut-outs for truckers' mudflaps. I'm sure that would get you plenty of attention down at the truck stop.

Posts: 6396 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I really hope the cops crack down on these idiots with the new law.

Trust me, no one is doing anything remotely proactive. They go to their calls for service and do the absolute minimum. I was back in NC a few weeeks ago and visiting with old friends who are still on the job and that is exactly what they told me. They know the staff/city will not only throw them under the bus but would help fill it up for the trip. I didn’t see one police car the whole time I was there. When I worked there the sgt used to say “people drive better when they see blue lights”

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11242 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Trust me, no one is doing anything remotely proactive.

Along those lines: I just saw the funniest damn thing on one of the local "news" shows. Apparently Michigan State Police had decided to speed-trap a length of road somewhere. I guess they're nailing a crap-ton of speeders. (Imagine my surprise.)

MSP officer was saying something to the effect of "We don't know how to solve this speeding problem." Srsly? This is a freakin' mystery to you guys? Well, then, give me a call. I can help you with that.

Now I'm not generally fond of speed traps, but it's gotten entirely out-of-hand around here. I generally drive 5 MPH over on 50 MPH and under roads, 10 MPH over on those 55 MPH and above. People lately have been passing me right-and-left at 5-10, sometimes as much as 15 MPH over what I'm doing.

Never mind the pulling out in front of on-coming traffic, turning left in front of on-coming traffic when the light changes, distracted driving, license plates so old they can't be read anymore, and window tint so dark I don't see how they can see where they're going in daylight--much less at night.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26005 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post