SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
So you agree it was pointless and is not going to win anyone over?

This is all baked in (deep fried?) already. No leftists will change their minds and Chick-fil-A will still make charitable donations. Life goes on.

Not sure what the point of announcing anything is.
You're asking me why a corporation issued a press release?

CFA is public, no?

If so I thought they had to go public with certain info.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not you, but in general, what's the point of it.
How could I know the answer to that?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
quote:

This is all baked in (deep fried?) already. No leftists will change their minds and Chick-fil-A will still make charitable donations. Life goes on.

CFA is public, no?

CFA is a privately owned corporation.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
quote:

CFA is public, no?

CFA is a privately owned corporation.

OK. Thank You for setting me straight.

CFA is not subject to a lot of the public laws I thought they were, but they still have a business to run.

I still maintain they are tryng to stay profitable.

Onward and upward........unlike the chicken we feast upon.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the Apopka FL Chick-Fil-A on my way home today, no way I could get close to the drive-through, so I parked in the outfield and hobbled through the traffic jam to pick up a couple of Spicy Chicken sandwiches (extra pickle, please) for wife and self.

I was SHOCKED to see that inflation has struck. The Spicy Chicken is up 9%

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Chwoke Fil A? Say it isn’t so.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Chwoke Fil A? Say it isn’t so.
It isn't so.

Anything else? Have another drink.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Unless I see credible proof that CFA is supporting anti gun or open border charities, I will continue to eat at CFA whenever the opportunity presents itself. With the two exceptions already listed, what a private company chooses or does not choose to charitably support is their business not mine and will have no effect on my continued patronage.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, we had CFA for dinner. Wife was sick, that’s what she asked for, that’s what we did. Service was as friendly and polite as ever. Fast. Food was on point.

They won’t lose my business, but I would have been happier to see them stick to their guns. I get it, I really do.

As an aside, when the local franchise opened, there were the usual managers they brought from other regions to get the store established and running right. My wife sent me to get her a sandwich with add this, that and the other thing and remove this. I loathe doing that stuff at a restaurant, let alone a drive thru. I apologized to the lady taking my order, one of the lady managers who came from the Midwest to open the store. “Sorry, my wife is picky about her food,” and chuckled. Manager lady chuckled right back through the menu screen and said “that’s ok, so is my wife.”

Think on it a minute. This, after months of locals bad-mouthing the chain without ever having set food in it. I had a middle aged lady coworker tell me “yeah, Bigot Chicken... you know they won’t serve gay people, right?” I told her that was ridiculous, “what, you’re telling me they ask if you if you’re sucking the proper genitalia before they complete your order? If you’re wearing a pink pussy hat, they throw you out? Gimme a fucking break.” And then, not two months later, one of the founding female managers is having a laugh with me in the drive through about our wives being picky eaters. I drove off with a smile and a laugh and a correctly assembled order. Longest part of it was the banter and I felt bad like I was slowing her up. What a world, huh?

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's the camel's nose. It won't satisfy any of the haters, and they'll keep demanding more concessions.
It wouldn't surprise me to see companies start saying, the hell with it, we're stopping donations to everyone, we'll send higher dividends to our stockholders.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who’d of thought a chicken sandwich would cause such a hullabaloo?

Customer beatings administered at Popeyes, societal concerns at CFA. Eating yardbird can be hazardous to your health.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Bet the cows are getting nervous... Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Um, Yes. I'll have two spicy chicken biscuits and a side order of drama...

No, just make that two spicy chicken biscuits. Thanks. (pulls up to the window).

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
I think this isn't everything bad some folks want it to be. Looks like it is just a change with timing that happens to fit the agenda of LGBTQ.

No matter what, their money, they can give where they see fit.

Reuters Link

quote:
Chick-fil-A said on Monday it no longer funded these organizations and would instead focus its giving on “education, homelessness and hunger”.

We made multi-year commitments to both organizations and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018,” a spokeswoman for Chick-fil-A told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

The family-owned company said in statement that it would no longer make multi-year commitments and would focus on partnerships annually to “allow maximum impact”, which could include faith-based and non-faith-based charities.

The spokeswoman declined to comment specifically on whether the protests had influenced the move but added the decision was “made to create more clarity”.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
CFA is private. They can do what they want. If it were public the shareholders have a right to say WTF. The closest to me are in the middle of shopping districts. They are mobbed on Saturdays. Can’t imagine how much money they lose being closed on Sundays.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Couldn't the company just redirect funds to a private party, such as the CEO, that could make the donation personally?

Charities still get the donation and CFA is clear of the "liability" associated with it.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
I don't give much thought to this type of shit when I want a damn sammich.

living real life out here.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I guess the people in my neighborhood didn't get the word. The line at Chick Fil A was around the block. Too long to even get in this morning.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:Within a month, there'll be crickets. Why do these hugely successful businesses continue to spit in the faces of their constituents because of a very few activists? Are the 1-2% more important than the 98%? Why do the LGBTQ's sexualize everything? Can't we just get a chicken sandwich without being reminded of what someone does with their junk?

I thought their "constituents" (customers) were people that wanted a sandwich. If we think it is ridiculous for LGBTQ groups to protest CFA's politics, it is equally ridiculous for us to do so. In the current political climate, you can be assured that any stance you take will offend half the US population. There's no upside.

Posts: 8960 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I don’t go to CFA because the support Christian groups. I go because they have decent fast food and the staff is consistently pleasant.

I did find it entertaining when LGBT groups tried to ban them and they ended up having record sales. So I am not sure why they made this recent marketing decision. Time will tell.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post