SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am curious though, from reading the news statement.

Was the queer community really pressuring them that much that they even gave a shit?

I'm wondering if they might just be making a decision at the corporate level where their donation money is making the most difference (or public exposure if your a cynic)

Big corps make strange decisions all the time often using metrics we peeons didn't know existed.

At any rate, I just found out they are closed on Sundays. Great excuse to get my cross and gas can---------->sarcasm.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So which LGBTQXZ group is going to fund the Angel Tree for the thousands of Atlanta kids or the summer camp?

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
So now we're mad at Jesus Sandwich?

Listen, I don't give two shits who they donate their money to or don't donate to, Nazis for a Jew Free America, Sex Changes for Tots, Octogenarians for Recreational Cocaine, whatever, as long as it's not the filthy Dutch, and they keep making them yummy spicy chicken biscuits, I'll keep throwing them money.

Honestly, if this causes you to rethink your lunch plans tomorrow, you're probably a snowflake.

Jesus Sandwich....... Big Grin

At any rate, I heard Jesus was a fish/bread/wine kind of guy. Possibly with a side of Holy Spirit.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've got a ten-buck CFA gift card sitting here, and I'll be darned if it's going to waste! Wink

- - - - -

For what it's worth: I'm with highroundcount -- I got from the article that they're focusing their money where it works better.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Don't you guys ever get tired of being manipulated by the Media Cartel? Eek

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove to the mall today, and the nearby CFA parking lot was overflowing, and the drive-through was around the building and into the mall parking lot.

Within a month, there'll be crickets. Why do these hugely successful businesses continue to spit in the faces of their constituents because of a very few activists? Are the 1-2% more important than the 98%? Why do the LGBTQ's sexualize everything? Can't we just get a chicken sandwich without being reminded of what someone does with their junk?

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I humbly suggest that you who think CFA is caving do a simple Google (or Bing, if you prefer) search. Took me all of 30 seconds. Here, I'll save you the trouble. Oh, and this is from March 2019.

Straight from the chicken's beak .

That was March, CFA’s stance has changed since then.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-d...-donating-anti-lgbtq

I see little difference in the November press release and the March one, just more detail. I also see a lack of "We're embracing the gays" or whatever.

Of course Fox would never spin a story, right?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've got a ten-buck CFA gift card sitting here, and I'll be darned if it's going to waste! Wink

- - - - -

For what it's worth: I'm with highroundcount -- I got from the article that they're focusing their money where it works better.

The part that jumped at me was their quote stating they were done honoring 2018 obligations and moving forward with a donation plan that jived with the corporate mission.

For big corps, 2018 is not even in the rear view. It's possible they have inside knowledge on funds being misused that we haven't heard of, or they want more exposure.

One thing is for sure, charity donations for most outfits are part marketing exposure.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I drove to the mall today, and the nearby CFA parking lot was overflowing, and the drive-through was around the building and into the mall parking lot.

Within a month, there'll be crickets.

Now THAT is the silliest shit I’ve read all day.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

Within a month, there'll be crickets.
I'll check back with you 31 days from now and we can check in on Chick-Fil-A. You know far more about Glocks than you do the widespread ignorance and apathy of the American public. You couldn't be more wrong. This issue- even if it weren't mischaracterized by the sensationlist press- will have zero effect on the volume of business CFA receives. No effect whatsoever. None at all. Zero. What you're suggesting is preposterous.

Speaking of Glocks, please check the pistols section for one of the Glock threads in which you posted recently.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Within a month, there'll be crickets. Why do these hugely successful businesses continue to spit in the faces of their constituents because of a very few activists? Are the 1-2% more important than the 98%? Why do the LGBTQ's sexualize everything? Can't we just get a chicken sandwich without being reminded of what someone does with their junk?

As long as there is no special sauce involved, bring on the sandwiches.

But I agree. Please let us all enjoy our food without the memory of rooms being filled with the stench of Astro Glide and shame Red Face

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-A the new official sandwich of Pride Month. Oh, wait nevermind this didn't sway anyone it seems they still think it's a hate sammy.

Not sure who this move is supposed to please, but it's not going to please anyone.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How is discontinuing donations to an organization to which they were not obligated to donate to in the first place "spitting in the face of their constituents"? This is a ridiculous exaggeration.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Not sure who this move is supposed to please, but it's not going to please anyone.
Do a 'man on the street' poll and you'll find that not one person in a hundred even knows about this, much less cares.

Ask your friends. Ask your family. Ask your co-workers if they know about this. No one will know, except you., and even if they do know, they won't care. This is inconsequential.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
Can't find my cross. I think Popeyes employees stole it. Man this sucks..........

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
i made it point to find something on the CFA menu that met my eating habits. I did this as a catholic who wanted to support a business who openly shared my beliefs. I found the grilled chicken nuggets and probably get them once a week. My church/slash kids’ school had nights where if your family ate at CFA, a part of the proceeds went back to the church.

I can’t speak for all of America, but I think plenty of folks around where I live are similar to me. Many people root for CFA and support them purely because of their faith based business model. If those people feel like CFA abandoned them or suddenly stopped being faith based, I think it will show in their financials. Put them out of business? No, of course not, but in my corner of the world, faithful people are plentiful and support cfa.

So the real question is, are they faith based or not? If they change their donations so that they are not actively supporting Christian groups, then I have no reason to eat there. Like other fast foods, I’ll ignore them. I’m not the majority, but I’m not the only one either. I’ll certainly watch who they donate to.

ETA: same for Honby Lobby. My wife goes out of her way to shop there when she can get the same things at other stores she’s already in (e.g. Target or Meijer). This is common in my area/community/church. I don’t think it is insignificant.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, put on your body armor, top off your mags and head to Popeye's.

Popeye's is faith-based, too. After each shooting or stabbing, people scream "OH MY GOD!!"

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How is discontinuing donations to an organization to which they were not obligated to donate to in the first place "spitting in the face of their constituents"? This is a ridiculous exaggeration.

quote:
Do a 'man on the street' poll and you'll find that not one person in a hundred even knows about this, much less cares.

Ask your friends. Ask your family. Ask your co-workers if they know about this. No one will know, except you., and even if they do know, they won't care. This is inconsequential.

So you agree it was pointless and is not going to win anyone over?

This is all baked in (deep fried?) already. No leftists will change their minds and Chick-fil-A will still make charitable donations. Life goes on.

Not sure what the point of announcing anything is.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chick-fil-A the new official sandwich of Pride Month. Oh, wait nevermind this didn't sway anyone it seems they still think it's a hate sammy.

My friend, I really really hope this is the point as far as CFA is concerned.

They have to keep moving, swimming to stay alive. I really hope this is just a change in their charitable donation strategy that will benefit them and boost their bottom line in the long run

After years of my life working for small or family owned outfits I finally got the chance to work for a Fortune company.

Many things I thought were impossible in business, turn out to be possible.

SERENITY NOW!!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is all baked in (deep fried?) already. No leftists will change their minds and Chick-fil-A will still make charitable donations. Life goes on.

You're asking me why a corporation issued a press release?

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

You're asking me why a corporation issued a press release?

Not you, but in general, what's the point of it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis