SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    34 years, time to give it up at last (work, I mean)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

34 years, time to give it up at last (work, I mean) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After 34 years, you deserve all the time off you can get. Congrats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service as yours was a huge commitment. Please enjoy your retirement as you earned / deserve it. Again, Many Thanks. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I retired two years ago as of July. Enjoying the hell out of it Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
... now on to the next adventure!

That's the ticket! Smile

People that die of boredom in retirement are doing it wrong. With all there is to do and see in this world, how can you possibly become bored? I'm actually as busy as ever I was, only mostly on my own schedule and with my own priorities.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I did 26+ years and it went so fast with 24/7 call outs. HR told me that many retirees don't do well.

Hell, retirement is the best and hardest assignment I ever had. Remodeling our home, building a detached shop, building a Harley, building a '55 210, building two '57 150 sedans.

Keep yourself busy doing what you missed out on for all those years. That said, you will miss it, at least the way LE used to be.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Enjoy it to the fullest.
I retired in 2005 at 55 (DOD) and haven't looked back.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
10months into my retirement and its one of the best things I have ever done. Scars from the organizational yoke are slowly disappearing.
Enjoy, you have earned it. Congrats!

Posts: 5699 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post