SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Van in Toronto kills nine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Van in Toronto kills nine Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In the photo of the guy, he's got crazy eyes.

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And he’ll probably base his defense on insanity.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9471 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Police officers will die as a result of this childish nonsense.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the video.

Good luck does not make good policy.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“They are taught to use as little force as possible in any given situation”

The same concept is being pushed in this country (well, California anyway) with proposed legislation that ups the use of force requirement for police from “reasonable” to “necessary.” I swear, getting old enough to see the end of the line coming isn’t all bad.

Back around 1984/85 I was training in the martial arts and my father was a Reserve Sheriff Deputy. He had just completed a training on force/restraint and we were comparing notes.

In that day it was meet force with force. If the guy wants to fight, you fight. If he pulls a club, knife, etc, the you could pull your night stick. If he had a gun, you could use yours, IF he was threatening.

Even at a young age I found this to be an absurd concept. Two equal forces cancel providing net zero. A police officer has to win, so how on earth could you have a policy where officers are placed in a net zero situation??

Then the Miami incident occurred in 86 and things changed. It was amazing how fast the department he was with came around to countering force with a higher level of force to assure compliance without having to employ said force. Seemed smarter then.....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

The same concept is being pushed in this country (well, California anyway) with proposed legislation that ups the use of force requirement for police from “reasonable” to “necessary.” I swear, getting old enough to see the end of the line coming isn’t all bad.

Back around 1984/85 I was training in the martial arts and my father was a Reserve Sheriff Deputy. He had just completed a training on force/restraint and we were comparing notes.

In that day it was meet force with force. If the guy wants to fight, you fight. If he pulls a club, knife, etc, the you could pull your night stick. If he had a gun, you could use yours, IF he was threatening.

Even at a young age I found this to be an absurd concept. Two equal forces cancel providing net zero. A police officer has to win, so how on earth could you have a policy where officers are placed in a net zero situation??

Then the Miami incident occurred in 86 and things changed. It was amazing how fast the department he was with came around to countering force with a higher level of force to assure compliance without having to employ said force. Seemed smarter then.....

I agree 100%. As a young boy of nine, I was daily insulted - called a 'kike', 'stinkin' Jesus-killin' yid' et al - and pushed around by the class bully - for a while. Until one day, when he started mouthing off at another victim, I picked up half a building brick from a handy pile being used to renovate our school, and hit him around the head with it. I had to be hauled off by a couple of teachers, and so did he, but by an ambulance.

He was away for about three months, and when he came back, he talked kinda funny and couldn't keep looking in one place - limped a bit, too, I recall. But he kept his mouth shut, that's for sure.

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Sounds like "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" to me... He earned his comeuppance through repeated assaults.

Good on ya, tac!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tac was able to find a way to change the fellow’s way of thinking, and speaking, simply by using “solid logic”. Saves a lot of time over using rhetoric and reason. This method is especially useful when the subject is too dense to understand rhetoric and reason. Great use of problem solving skills using “solid” field tested behavior modification techniques. Only wish I had employed more of the same in my youth. Smile

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"The officer who didn’t shoot is helping us remember what “being Canadian” means. #thankyou #didntshoot "

Glad I'm not Canadian, then.

Needs to take some lessons from Sergeant at Arms Kevin Vickers from the Oct 2014 Attacks at the House of Commons

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11158 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe instead of a trial they should just take the guy out for a couple Molsons and some poutine and politely ask him to not kill any more people?

Next thing you know they'll have women apologizing for not having sex with him which apparently was a factor in his trip to crazyville.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 690 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Next thing you know they'll have women apologizing for not having sex with him which apparently was a factor in his trip to crazyville.

Yep, saw something earlier saying he had posted references to "incel" on Facebook. I had to look it up. It means "involuntarily celibate," guys who don't get or can't get laid who are really mad at women about it.

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ Good Grief. If you can't get laid in Toronto.........

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole "incel" thing is part of a segment of men who no longer wish to pursue or maintain relationships with women. It is also called MGTOW. It has gained traction thanks to destructive divorce, child custody and support issues, and harsher (and false) criminal charges stemming from domestic violence law. The MGTOW types are pissed off but the "incel" types can actually advocate violence toward women.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Chicago. They just decided that an officer shooting a bat swinging crazy guy was unjustified. The case was ruled justified by the department and prosecutor a couple years ago. The new "ci-villain oversight board of second guessing, appeasing the mob" (made up of anti police activists) re opened the case and using their super secret elite team of investigators decided the shooting was not justified because someone with a bat isn't a threat (I am not kidding about this) and recommended firing the officer. The Chief refused, so it went to a review by one member of the Police Board (all hand picked by mayor Short Fuck Rahm) who decided with the ci-villain review board.

If the left has their way in our country, this will be the new standard for all police and civilian use of force, including deadly force.

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I heard bout the misogynist/incel connection on the news yesterday morning.

Interesting article here about it:

https://www.vox.com/world/2018...ttack-alek-minassian

A few of the more "interesting" excerpts from the article....

"Some self-identified incels, as they call themselves, have developed an elaborate sociopolitical explanation for their sexual failures, one that centers on the idea that women are shallow, vicious, and only attracted to hyper-muscular men. They see this as a profound injustice against men like them, who suffer an inherent genetic disadvantage through no fault of their own. A small radical fringe believes that violence, especially against women, is an appropriate response — that an “Incel Rebellion” or “Beta [Male] Uprising” will eventually overturn the sexual status quo."

"Incel, explained

When we talk about “incels,” we are not talking about all men who are not having sex. Instead, we are talking about a specific subculture of people in various internet forums — subreddits like r/braincels, the cruel troll chat forum 4chan, and dedicated websites like incels.me.

Beyond their shared frustration with not having sex, the incel community is not monolithic. Many of them are simply sad and lonely men, suffering from extreme social anxiety or deep depression. Some of these moderate incels actively police the extremists in their midst; in a sympathetic 2015 profile, the Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey reported that some incel forums were set up to automatically delete any posts referencing the California shooter.

But many incels have a much more sinister, and specific, worldview — one that the Southern Poverty Law Center sees as part of a dangerous trend toward male radicalization online. These incels post obsessively about so-called “Chads,” meaning sexually successful and attractive men, and “Stacys,” attractive, promiscuous women who sleep with the Chads. Both are positioned as unattainable: The Chad is the masculine ideal, one incel men cannot emulate for reasons of poor genetics, while the Stacy is whom every incel man wants to sleep with but cannot because they aren’t a Chad."

"But it’s not just individual women that these radical incels hate — it’s society writ large, a society that allows their perceived sexual oppression to go on. The sexual revolution, in particular, comes in for hate: They believe women being freed to make their own sexual choices, rather than being married off to men and made subordinate, is the reason women can choose to sleep with attractive men and ignore the so-called incels.

This is how inceldom becomes a political doctrine: They see themselves as a class, oppressed by a social system that’s rigged in favor of other men. One post on an incel subreddit compared their worldview to Marxism, with incels playing the part of the proletariat and Chad the bourgeoisie. The natural corollary of this idea is clear: If the root of the problem is an unfair social system, then there needs to be a revolution to change it.

This is where the idea of the “Incel Rebellion” that Minassian referenced comes from — sometimes called “Beta Uprising” on incel forums, a reference to beta males. There’s no centralized planning, no incel equivalent to of Osama bin Laden. There are just men on various online forums celebrating violence and forming a mutually supportive echo chamber that justifies harming others, especially women, in the name of the incel uprising."

I guess this takes the entitlement mentality to a whole new level of perversion....

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
So INCELS are the immasculate little snowflakes we see on TV and social media marching with pussy hats?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Incel" sounds like a terrorist organization. Instead, it turns out that they're the biggest stock holder for Bone Alone, the number one selling brand of hand lotion for men.

Waging jihad on their balls, six times a day.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bone Alone.. har har

6 times a day? That's stamina right there that many women would appreciate, had they known.. Big Grin

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post