SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Van in Toronto kills nine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Van in Toronto kills nine Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Possibly intentional…

“Nine people are dead and 16 are injured after a white rental van mowed down pedestrians in Toronto on Monday.

Witnesses say the van mounted the curb on Yonge St. near Finch Ave, Toronto, at just before 1.30pm on Monday afternoon.

The acting Toronto police chief confirmed that nine had been killed and that the suspect was in custody after the tragedy.

He would not confirm if the incident was a deliberate attack, but witnesses say the driver seemed to be targeting pedestrians.

'This person was intentionally doing this, he was killing everybody,' a witness at the scene, who only gave his name as Ali, said. 'He kept going, he kept going. People were getting hit, one after another.' …”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...nto-flees-scene.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8969 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
reopened

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The news reports that I saw seemed to indicated that this guy was known to US Law Enforcement.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37976 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Tenth death announced. Suspect identified as 25 year old Alec Minassian

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Now it's ten dead, and the murderer is in custody.

The Islamofascist terrorist in Nice showed how easy it is to murder a bunch of people with a vehicle.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11329 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. This cowardly shit wants to die, but doesn’t have the stones to end himself and goes on a killing spree, then chokes on his suicide by cop attempt at the last second? And now, he gets to live?

Hey Alec- the suicide by cop? You’re fucking doing it wrong. Mad

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"The officer who didn’t shoot is helping us remember what “being Canadian” means. #thankyou #didntshoot "

Glad I'm not Canadian, then.

Posts: 26914 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If sparing someone who just murdered 10 people is what "being Canadian" about, I have a feeling you're going to have plenty of chances to "be Canadian" once all the Islamic radicals you let into your country start actively destroying it.

Disgusting drivel

The weak get eaten.

Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"The officer who didn’t shoot is helping us remember what “being Canadian” means. #thankyou #didntshoot "

Glad I'm not Canadian, then.

The news this morning gave kudos to the officer for having "restraint".
The killer was pointing an object at the officer and all he did was stand in the open and yell "Get down!"

Could have turned out very different.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Me, I'd have blown a foot-deep hole in the sidewalk he had his head resting on, straight through his face, and then done a fast reload and done it again.

But then I'm not a cop, with all the restraints they have to deal with.

tac

Posts: 11329 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anyone who wants to show compassion in the presence of a dangerous animal deserves whatever they get.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“They are taught to use as little force as possible in any given situation”

The same concept is being pushed in this country (well, California anyway) with proposed legislation that ups the use of force requirement for police from “reasonable” to “necessary.” I swear, getting old enough to see the end of the line coming isn’t all bad.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Police officers will die as a result of this childish nonsense.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Police officers will die as a result of this childish nonsense.

Unfortunately this may have already happened.
If a police officer hesitates and no one is there to witness it we may never know if that was the case.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree... The whole "restraint" demonstration is reckless and not only endangers police, but everyone else nearby. Note the bystanders near the killer during the confrontation.
I will guess the cop could see it was not a gun being held by the killer.
Hooraw for Canuck PD.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Amish or Mennonite?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Amish or Mennonite?

We know, of course, what you’re implying. The reported name of the murderer is Armenian, and Muslims are a very small minority in that country according to several sources. According to the current online articles, no one is reporting that he might have had a religion-driven motive.

In any event it will be interesting to learn the motive of this incident. As I’ve been pointing out in discussions about people who murder, vehicle ramming attacks are becoming more and more common as the BS news reporting businesses keep making money from making sure everyone knows how effective they are. People use guns for mass murder when they’re available; when they’re not so available, they use other things.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Not implying anything, assuming he is radicalized.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Van in Toronto kills nine

Damn vans, they should be shot on sight! Wink

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post