SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alex Jones' fat, nonstop 4 million dollar mouth
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alex Jones' fat, nonstop 4 million dollar mouth Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
The $4.1 million was the compensatory damages. The jury now deliberates punitive damages.

Link

He only thought he was bankrupt...wait til they get done with him...

He is going to get it good and hard.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If Alex Jones had to pay out large sums each time he "lied" as you put it, he'd be bankrupt in one single day.

I do not wish to be associated with people like Alex Jones.

Amen. I have never seen anyone else so full of $#it and of himself at the same time. He fully deserves to be broke and homeless. Just my opinion.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
The $4.1 million was the compensatory damages. The jury now deliberates punitive damages.

Link

He only thought he was bankrupt...wait til they get done with him...

If you look up Alex Jones and his company, you'll see the bankruptcy filings and legal maneuverings to hide or save some of it have already started.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Looks like it’s a little more than $4 million:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ale...2m-sandy-hook-victim

quote:
Alex Jones ordered to pay $45.2M to Sandy Hook victim's family
Jones theorized that the 2012 school shooting, which left 26 dead, was a hoax

August 5, 2022 6:22pm EDT

Infowars founder Alex Jones must pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of a first-grader killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

The verdict comes a day after he was ordered to pay $4.1 million in compensatory to the student's parents earlier this week.

Posts: 4151 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:

He is going to get it good and hard.

To the tune of another $45.2M. Good, fuck that guy.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Those people won't see 50 million dollars from Jones. He's bankrupt now.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
$50 million for telling conspiracy theories and saying the parents were liars? That's a lot of emotional damage for having a crazy man say crazy shit about you. Damn.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's far Right and far Left, both are batshit fucking crazy.
I know who he is but never listened to him.
When you start pulling things out of your ass, whatever side you're on, you're basically pathetic IMO.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Alex Jones reminds me of Harvey Weinstine.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
$50 million for telling conspiracy theories and saying the parents were liars? That's a lot of emotional damage for having a crazy man say crazy shit about you. Damn.
From the moment it happened, everything surrounding Sandy Hook has been supercharged with emotion.

They may have come back with a judgement ten times that amount. I'm not saying a 50 million dollar judgement is reasonable, but neither is it surprising considering the emotions surrounding a score of murdered children.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It'll be capped at around 13 million I believe because Texas caps the punitive damages at twice the compensatory award plus $750,000.

And if you want to know what this whole case was about, it was about destroying Alex Jones and his platform. One of the lawyers for the Sandy Hook parents said, "I ask that with your verdict you not only take Alex Jones' platform away, you make certain he will not rebuild the platform," he added. "That is punishment. That is deterrence."

That goes beyond punishment. That is vindictive.

Alex Jones didn't even get a jury trial here because in a very rare move, the Judge declared a default judgment meaning Jones was never given a chance to defend himself.

In any case, I'm sure Jones saw this coming and did what he had to do to protect his money. Not sure if his business will survive though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Vindictive? Your child's head is exploded like a watermelon by some kid with an AR and for year after year Jones is going on and on about how the whole thing is a hoax and that you, crying in a TV interview, are a "crisis actor?"

Fuck this piece of shit. I doubt it, but hopefully he'll learn a lesson that you can't just say fucking stupid shit over and over that genuinely hurts people and not pay a price.

Posts: 4077 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
And it should be. These families whose children were murdered then had their lives further destroyed by a huckster fleecing the rubes to capitalize on the tragedy.

These families were harassed, threatened and told that their dead children were just actors in a farce. The damages should be punitive and Jones should suffer as much as not more as the lives he has trampled on.

Protecting his money is illegal in most jurisdictions when the purpose is to shield the money from a judgement.

Fairly easy to tell where your sympathies lie in this case.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It'll be capped at around 13 million I believe because Texas caps the punitive damages at twice the compensatory award plus $750,000.

And if you want to know what this whole case was about, it was about destroying Alex Jones and his platform. One of the lawyers for the Sandy Hook parents said, "I ask that with your verdict you not only take Alex Jones' platform away, you make certain he will not rebuild the platform," he added. "That is punishment. That is deterrence."

That goes beyond punishment. That is vindictive.

Alex Jones didn't even get a jury trial here because in a very rare move, the Judge declared a default judgment meaning Jones was never given a chance to defend himself.

In any case, I'm sure Jones saw this coming and did what he had to do to protect his money. Not sure if his business will survive though.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no sympathy for Alex Jones. What he said in regards to these Sandy Hook children and the parents was atrocious.

But it seems pretty obvious to me what happened in this case. There wasn't even a trial here. Alex Jones never even defended himself in front of a Jury. The judge simply made a default judgement. At all costs they, including the judge it seems, were looking to destroy this man and his company because they hate him. I get that most of us couldn't care less about Alex Jones, but this whole case seems , I'll just say unusual to me. I didn't think our justice system was supposed to work that way.

But no one should shed a single tear for Alex Jones. There is some wild speculation about how much the man is worth, with some saying as high as $270 million. That sounds grossly exaggerated, but who knows? Even if he is worth a quarter of that, that's some serious coin. The guy before he was deplatformed was pulling in something like tens of millions of dollars a year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jones has announced he will be releasing a new bourbon whiskey called "Conspiracy".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/food...4b049bbcc673d7d5c6bc

I'll let readers view without me posting the entire thing here.

I'm thinking it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much revenue the Jackass earned with his slander?

Freedom of speech should not apply to lies.

NYT v Sullivan’s killed the news, when it let them lie about public figures - and SCOTUS seems to be trying to put that genie back in the bottle, to an extent.

https://www.virginiadefamation...from-public-figures/

Is a pretty useful link.

And, Jones is toast. Lying about murdered babies is going to make anyone very angry.

Admittedly, I think most of us may think more about such a liar needing a punch in the nose, and having some of his teeth loosened, than suing, but he needs to be finished.

Posts: 5723 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't have one speck of sympathy for this gas bag. His stock in trade is outrageous claims. He does not represent me, not in any way.

The conservatives in this nation would have been better off if this guy had never opened his mouth.