SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A big Thank You to Tacfoley.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A big Thank You to Tacfoley. Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
Just another reason why this place is great.

I bought a 1965 Walther KK .22LR match rifle several months ago. The front sight insert was a circle, which was useless to me. 16MM inserts for it are about impossible to find, which I lamented about in my post in the Rifle section. Tac emailed me he that he had some and he would send them. Royal Mail & USPS took their time, but they arrived last week.
Took it to the range with a post insert installed [Also had to tighten the front sight collar and add a drop of blue Loctite. What an improvement!

With RWS Rifle 22LR. 40 degrees, with a slight wind. If I do my part [with 55yo astigmatic eyes & single vision shooting glasses] it's a Tac Razz driver, excuse the 3 flyers.

Thanks again Tac! You're OK in my book!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers to all involved!

Nice rifle.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You need to buy him a Pint!

Well done Mr. Tac....

Posts: 23425 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Just glad to have been able to help, and put something back into the forum and to a member in it.

G*d knows I've been on the receiving end often enough from your side of the Great Water, and while I've been over on your side, too.

PS - your foresight is fitted back-to-front. Wink

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Bravo Zulu Tac.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well Done Sir!!

Membership has its privileges.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS - your foresight is fitted back-to-front.

Thanks, Tac. Fixed now. Gives me an excuse to shoot it again. Smile

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Took it back to the range yesterday. 50 degrees, trying to shoot between wind gusts. Excuse the "thru the spotting scope" picture [busy range].
Other than the flyers, does it's part when I do mine.

-Bomber Harris

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Nice shooter, eh? I have two older Walther rifles. One was my dad's, bought in Cork, Ireland, back in 1930, and used to teach me to shoot back in the '50s. The other one I bought about 25 years back, a bubba'ed Sport Model DSM. Both shoot VERY well, even after a tripillian rounds down 'em. Email me and I'll send you pics to post, 'kay?

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good looking rifle, congratulations.

That range also looks very nice.

I find any kind of .22 shooting to be pleasurable, but add in an accurate .22 and it ticks all kinds of boxes.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post