SIGforum
How much do you pay an unsolicited professional “hustler”

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9900072225

September 22, 2026, 10:10 AM
Aglifter
How much do you pay an unsolicited professional “hustler”
Or whatever the correct term is.

He did put me in touch with someone, and I think the deal will work, but he has no relevant skills past that.

I don’t want to alienate him. And he did put something together.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
September 22, 2026, 10:14 AM
bdylan
I suggest professional 'facilitator'. Maybe a small percentage of the deal.
September 22, 2026, 10:23 AM
BigSwede
Is this something he can duplicate?

If not, "Bird Dog" him and move on. The amount would depend on your profit when deal is closed


September 23, 2026, 03:36 AM
Aglifter
A) Not in this industry. He’s in real estate so he might be useful in finding locations etc.

B) Can’t really give him a percentage…

OK let’s think of it this way.

If a real estate agent heard about you and suggested you to someone and they hired you…. What’s the appropriate pay?


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
September 23, 2026, 06:30 AM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
A) Not in this industry. He’s in real estate so he might be useful in finding locations etc.

B) Can’t really give him a percentage…

OK let’s think of it this way.

If a real estate agent heard about you and suggested you to someone and they hired you…. What’s the appropriate pay?


gift card for dinner worked for me

had a realtor that I still work with reach out and give me the name of a lady selling her husbands firearms etc (he passed in an accident)


mailed her a thank you note afterwards and included a gift card to a local restaurant for dinner for 2



https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/
September 23, 2026, 06:43 AM
Paten
The someone who hired you should pay him something and you could give a gift card for dinner or a bottle of Scotch.
September 23, 2026, 06:45 AM
trapper189
quote:
If a real estate agent heard about you and suggested you to someone and they hired you…. What’s the appropriate pay?

Use him for your real estate needs and/or mention his name to others that may need his services. Invite him golfing or lunch.
September 23, 2026, 06:48 AM
SIGfourme
Sounds like a referral. If you want more referrals-what Lyman said. If you want a more formal relationship --dinner with discussion.
September 23, 2026, 08:58 AM
220-9er
Return the favor with referrals for their business when appropriate.
My wife's a Realtor and that would be the normal approach.
A small gift like a gift card could also work, in both directions.


___________________________
Avoid buying ChiCom/CCP products whenever possible.