SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading Co
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading Co Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Some of my Duluth Trading stuff is starting to show it's age.

Hah! I bet you are too! Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
They are still advertising their no bull guarantee on their website. What changed?

This is what it says-
We stand by the craftsmanship and durability of our products. If you are not satisfied with any item you purchase from Duluth Trading, return it for a refund within one year. After one year, we will also consider returns for items that are defective or doesn't perform as designed. No Bull means if something goes wrong, we will always treat you right.

The year limit. Used to not be there and I understand people took advantage of it.
But so far since the new year rule they have called the same issue on every pair of pant normal wear and tear.
I have sent them pics to suggest they redesign the pocket seams. No dice so far.

1 year of life rotating 3 pair of jeans is unacceptable in my book and not normal wear and tear.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Some of my Duluth Trading stuff is starting to show it's age.

Hah! I bet you are too! Big Grin

Yes I am but gracefully! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
If a fan.

My daily work pants are their Firehose Flex pants, I have 5 pair, they are going on 6 years old and still look great. No damage to them.

I have several t-shirts, sweat shirts and hoodies, wish they still made the really heavy souped up waffle hoodies but they discontinued them a few years ago. My wallet is one of their tri-fold ones, 3 years old and still great.

I have a fire hose hanger bender shirt jack as a light coat and I have a fire hose heavy jacket that is my main winter coat.

Lastly I have their cab commander organizers on the passenger seat of my fleet SUV, my Pickup and my daughter has one in her SUV. Also have a computer bag and tool bag that I use for work.

quote:
Used to not be there and I understand people took advantage of it.

People on this forum admitted to taking advantage of it. They would take back 5 year old pants that were used hard, every day and would get new ones for free. Now anyone with a bit of integrity would know that this isn't what their guarantee was meant to be.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a Duluth Customer Rep on the phone last night, trying to place an order, and I asked her about the warranty.

I had a bad experience with the store manager at our local Duluth store. I had an article of clothing that the stitching came undone. It was not torn, ripped, or damaged, etc, it was just a simple case of the stitching sewing coming undone. Store manager refused to replace it.

The phone rep told me to always call Duluth customer service on the phone, she said there are way too many issues at the stick and brick stores due to what she called Interpretations Issues.

I got the issue of the stitching coming undone, but it really made me lose a lot of faith in Duluth when treated that way at the store level.

IIRC it was LL Bean a couple of years ago who had to change their guarantee. People were buying old worn out boots and stuff at garage sales, thrift stores, etc, and getting LL Bean to replace them at no charge. That's just wrong. The few jerks always seem to ruin things for the many.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Carhart's much better fit.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I use their cargo shorts, their buck naked briefs, and their Armachillo boxers.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

They would take back 5 year old pants that were used hard, every day and would get new ones for free. Now anyone with a bit of integrity would know that this isn't what their guarantee was meant to be.

Does the same go for tools? Just a fair question. Craftsman and SnapOn, too? If I have or find a broken flat wrench, does the warranty still apply or not?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the same go for tools? Just a fair question.

Is absolutely a fair question. I would say no the same doesn't go for tools. You want to know why? Because they haven't changed their policy like Duluth did.

I give you credit as it really is a good question but I think the business models for Snap On vs Duluth are probably a bit different.

Duluth got overwhelmed by people abusing the system, Snap On goes in knowing that their screwdrivers and wrenches will be used as pry bars. I bet the majority of Snap On returns are due to abuse, not every day wear and tear.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post