SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading Co
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading Co Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Pretty nice stuff in there when it is 30-40% off. I went in there based on recommendations here. Now my wife is a bit addicted to shopping there. That will probably end when the nice sales do.

I don't think I am going to have a drawer full of $15 underwear, but their men's khaki-type pants are nice. I may give their jeans a go next.

We went in years ago and were turned off by the prices. I like the 1 year warranty they have too.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They have tall sizes and 36” inseams, so they get my vote. I only buy during a sale.

Posts: 9965 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Their bullpen underwear is a game changer.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, but it is pricey. I also wait for sales.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Their ballroom jeans fit very comfortably and come in many long and odd sizes too. Definitely wait for a sale and/or free shipping.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Pricy? Yes.
Quality? Yes.

On Black Friday I bought 8 new pair of their “icy cool” underwear for $30 each.

I ‘hang dry’ much of my clothing and these will last me for years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Their stuff is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for there. The Ballroom jeans and the FireHose carpenter pants are indestructible. Buck Naked Underwear is comfy, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pricey and they use USPS. I am still waiting for a delivery that was supposed to be delivered in November. The last notice indicated USPS delivered it,but a package is nowhere to be found.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a drawer full of their $20 underwear. I started with the bucknaked boxer brief and switched to the bullpen.

I noticed the material getting thinner and thinner. This is probably my last order. I will be looking elsewhere. With the cheaper quality, high prices and the cancellation of the warranty which built their brand, there is little reason to by any more.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I like their jeans and cargo pants a lot. I have several shirts they made and while the they are very sturdy the sizing can be hit or miss.

They run sales constantly. Never pay full price.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You guys are so picky.... Yeah, I've got the U-trow on now. A couple of years ago we were out driving (to a grand kids soccer game) and saw the store. I bought a couple of pair of their buck nekkid ones. They were on sale and my wife was kind of amazed I selected them. But then I started wearing them. She'd do the wash and I'd pick them out and wear them first, shunning the friuty-loom. You know, the ones I'd been wearing for the 50 or so prior years. She gave up and bought a box of them when they went on sale. So we tossed out the tidy whitey's and now I've got maybe a dozen of the new kind. I'm a believer and I pay very little attention to trivial stuff like underwear brands.

I never even paid attention to what I was wearing, just the pair on top of the pile. Now I only select the color to match my golf shirt or whatever I'm also picking up. Never bothered before, white goes with everything. Funny how I never bothered before, and it only makes a difference now because she bought enough different colors to allow me to pick. But don't think I'm fashioned concious these days. If the pair I pick isn't on the top couple in the pile, I don't really care. Its my guess that the hot young girlies don't care either, nor will they see them. Getting me to color coordinate things might be the fashion victory of her lifetime. I consider advertisements all a waste of time and effort. The fact that I paid attention is pretty astounding. They shouldn't let it go to their head, I won't pay attention to clothing ads again.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a strange phenomenon with Duluth. When shopping online I've been very satisfied with the purchases. I've used their work pants for years now. But, when I walk into their store I never buy anything. For some reason I'm just not impressed with their walk in stores.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Their stuff is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for there. The Ballroom jeans and the FireHose carpenter pants are indestructible. Buck Naked Underwear is comfy, too.

Far from it. The firehouse material separates from the standard pocket material for me in every pair in just over a year.
Used to be no issue with their old return policy. Take back and get a new pair.
Not so with the new policy.

I like their stuff especially since they have large tall t shirts.
Their prices are just tough to pay even on sale. But I have a lot of their stuff.

I found Lincoln Outfitters pants yesterday at Rural King. They are $30, stretchy, crotch gusset, a mans hand can fit in the pocket even with things in the pocket, reinforcements on the pockets for a knife clip.

Dropping them in the dryer now. So we’ll see how they do.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I probably have several thousand dollars worth of their stuff. From cargo pants to shirts, socks, hoodies underwear all of it. I was obsessed with their Alaskan Hard Gear stuff for awhile there. It's spendy but it's been worth the investment so far. I have since parted ways with them for a number of reasons. They got rid of their No Bull guarantee was the start, then they pissed me off by wasting ten minutes of my time taking a survey they sent me promising me $5 off and free shipping on my next order only to cut me off half way through and said I was not the kind of participant they were looking for. Might sound trivial but it pissed me off.

Lastly none of their clothes are made in the U.S. I have taken a personal vow to buy U.S. made and manufactured anything whenever possible and will pay more for it if need be. Which in most cases you will and sometimes dearly.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their stuff went the way of Carhartt brand a few years back. The only thing I still occasionally buy from Deluth is the firehouse pants. I used to live in Carhartt stuff but since they’ve went “fashion” I think the quality has fallen off. Both gave up catering to the working guy and went yuppster in my opinion. Not that it’s a bad thing, it drives their sales. I’ve went to cheap Wranglers/Rustlers anymore and they last as long for a third of the price. My opinion only...

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what happened to Filson.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I probably have several thousand dollars worth of their stuff. From cargo pants to shirts, socks, hoodies underwear all of it. I was obsessed with their Alaskan Hard Gear stuff for awhile there. It's spendy but it's been worth the investment so far. I have since parted ways with them for a number of reasons. They got rid of their No Bull guarantee was the start, then they pissed me off by wasting ten minutes of my time taking a survey they sent me promising me $5 off and free shipping on my next order only to cut me off half way through and said I was not the kind of participant they were looking for. Might sound trivial but it pissed me off.

Lastly none of their clothes are made in the U.S. I have taken a personal vow to buy U.S. made and manufactured anything whenever possible and will pay more for it if need be. Which in most cases you will and sometimes dearly.

Who have you found as a viable US made replacement.
I have only found US replacement for their short sleeve tshirts by way 3Fit Theory. Sadly they make nothing but Ts at the moment.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of their stuff.. I used to buy the buck naked out of season when they were less than 10 .. I have a pair of the hog hide shoes that I may never wear out, especially since I bought a second pair on clearance. The flannel shirts are as good as llbean.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
They are still advertising their no bull guarantee on their website. What changed?

This is what it says-
We stand by the craftsmanship and durability of our products. If you are not satisfied with any item you purchase from Duluth Trading, return it for a refund within one year. After one year, we will also consider returns for items that are defective or doesn't perform as designed. No Bull means if something goes wrong, we will always treat you right.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who have you found as a viable US made replacement.

Triple Aught Design is American made and American sourced. Very nice cargo/tactical style pants they have some T's and jackets as well. Be prepared for some sticker shock especially if you think Duluth Trading is expensive. I'm going to purchase a pair of Triple Aught cargo pants as soon as I can decide what design I want. Start with that and see how I like them. Some of my Duluth Trading stuff is starting to show it's age.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post