SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns at sporting events?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns at sporting events? Login/Join 
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
In Colorado, there's a only few places you can't carry by law: schools, sterile areas of airports, government buildings that have metal detectors at every entrance. Establishments that serve alcohol are completely legal to carry in.

It is illegal to be in possession of a firearm, while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

I think it's silly to ban people from carrying in places that serve. Just because you are in a bar or club doesn't mean you have to drink.

The government should treat people like they are adults. Malum prohibitum law are just stupid.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Alcohol and guns simply don't mix. If you think drinking, even a single beer, doesn't impair your skill or judgment, how about you have a couple before your next class or training day and see how the rangemaster takes it. I'm sure he'll just let you waltz right up to the line.

When I'm carrying I simply do not drink any alcohol period when I go out. I am on an elevated status and hyper sensitive to the responsibility I have. As a result, I have a lot of Arnold Palmers or ice tea but zero alcohol.

I'm sorry you can't help shooting yourself or others after having one beer. I don't think most other people have problems with it. I can respect you decision not to drink a beer and carry, don't force it on me though.

Not my intention to force anyone to do anything. Just expressing my view.

What does any of this have to do with a lawful gun owner attending a sporting event with his EDC? So alcohol is served there...so what? No one is being forced to drink. Laws that make carrying in bars and such or places that serve alcohol illegal are retarded. Period.

Frankly, I don't care if someone locks up all of his guns just because he heard the sound of a beer can cracking open. Good for him. Me? I dont have any such proclivity so don't force me to go unarmed because of some kind of insecurity you have around alcohol (not directed at anyone here, just anyone who would push a nonsensical law prohibiting carry where alcohol is in the vicinity).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Alcohol and guns simply don't mix. If you think drinking, even a single beer, doesn't impair your skill or judgment, how about you have a couple before your next class or training day and see how the rangemaster takes it. I'm sure he'll just let you waltz right up to the line.

When I'm carrying I simply do not drink any alcohol period when I go out. I am on an elevated status and hyper sensitive to the responsibility I have. As a result, I have a lot of Arnold Palmers or ice tea but zero alcohol.

I'm sorry you can't help shooting yourself or others after having one beer. I don't think most other people have problems with it. I can respect you decision not to drink a beer and carry, don't force it on me though.

Not my intention to force anyone to do anything. Just expressing my view.

And for the snotty comment about not being unable to shoot myself or others after having a beer - you're an idiot. You don't know me or anything about me so don't start telling me about myself. Thanks.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. I appreciate that.

You are the one that said after one beer you are impaired. So you are impaired but not a danger to yourself or those around you? Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Thanks for the suggestion to go have a few beers and go shooting. That sounds like a great idea.

Just because beer is served somewhere doesn't mean you have to both carry and drink. You can still stick to having your gun and not drinking. You wouldn't like that freedom? I can either not drink or have one drink and not worry about turning the place into the wild west.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
This may not be the best idea. Especially if beer is sold.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News...games/9311490286579/

I've confused. Why does beer being sold effect carrying a gun?

Can you not go there and not have a beer.

I have no issue carrying a gun where beer or alcohol is service. Getting drunk and carrying is another story but people can make choices. I've carried into placed that served alcohol. Guess what I didn't drink.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Second Amendment should have very few boundary limitations in the U.S.
Those very select areas should be controlled.

Having to leave your gun behind when going to work, shop, out to eat, or to watch a football game infringe on your Second Amendment rights.

Yeah it's Second Amendment rights, not gun rights.
Gun Rights is a liberal term to disassociate it from being a personal right granted by our Constitution.

Just because alcohol is present, does not mean you are required to drink it and act stupid.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Having to leave your gun behind when going to work, shop, out to eat, or to watch a football game infringe on your Second Amendment rights.

Gun Rights is a liberal term to disassociate it from being a personal right granted by our Constitution.

Just because alcohol is present, does not mean you are required to drink it and act stupid.
Sorry--I was with you all the way up to the part I bolded. The Constitution did not GRANT any rights--it codified those pre-existing rights that the government is not allowed to diminish.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
In Virginia, a CC permit holder can CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol but cannot drink. (Note, there are no "bars" in Virginia, only restaurants that serve alcohol.)

In NC, ok to drink or have alcohol in system while open carrying, but not when cc'ing. Makes sense to me. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Good point flashguy.

If the People did not already have the right to free speech or firearms, how could Congress abridge or infringe upon them?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, maybe even 10 years ago, I read a post here that summed up my feelings about alcohol and guns. I don't remember exactly what it was, unfortunately, but it was something to the effect that if two or three beers made you dumb enough to start twirling your gun, you had no business with one to begin with.

That said, it is illegal for me to have a single drop of alcohol and carry a gun concealed.

I have been turned away from local facilities with metal detectors while carrying my gun. It makes my blood boil.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
When I posted my comment about very few places, I was thinking about areas such as the Courts and jails. Very few places.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News...games/9311490286579/

Where I live,if you have a permit, no alcohol whatsoever can be consumed while carrying.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably should remove parking lots from bars then.

quote:
right granted by our Constitution.

False. No rights are granted by the Constitution. Some rights are enumerated, others are not. All rights pre-existed the document.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fear not, snowflakes!

A related bill was just pushed through the Arkansas Senate to make carrying at collegiate sporting events prohibited once again in Arkansas. It's now headed to the House, where if it passes there too, our governor has already expressed his support and will probably sign it. (Despite supporting and signing into law the previous bill that allowed it, just a day ago.)

http://www.arkansasonline.com/...etting-guns-stadium/

You just have to hope it gets passed before the rivers of blood running in the streets get too deep... We just can't run the risk of folks getting too hopped up on Razorback team spirit and blowing away fellow fans indiscriminately.

Woo Pig Kablooie!

(Roll Eyes)

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Agree completely.
EVEN if you do drink that right should not be infringed.
We are all accountable regardless of imbibing in the evil tonic water.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post