SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns at sporting events?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns at sporting events? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
This may not be the best idea. Especially if beer is sold.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News...games/9311490286579/

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
This may not be the best idea. Especially if beer is sold.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News...games/9311490286579/

Is it any different than a gun in a bar? In PA that is perfectly legal.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's a fantastic idea.

quote:
Starting in January, the person sitting next to you at Arkansas' Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium could be legally armed with a deadly weapon .

Great opening sentence to that article. Roll Eyes

I hope my weapon is deadly. Otherwise what's the point?

quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

Is it any different than a gun in a bar? In PA that is perfectly legal.

Same in Utah. In fact, I can and have carried at the University of Utah Utes Stadium. Didn't have any problem.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've never thought there was a problem with being armed in any facility ~ it is when you are leaving or going to from the parking lot or street that you are most vulnerable.
Keeping a firearm out of the facility means you are unprotected coming/going.
As far as beer ~ whatever, if you can't act responsible when you drink (most ALL do) then you should be held responsible for any thing you do.
Everyone wants to stigmatize alcohol as evil. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep... The only guns at sporting events should be the ones brought in by criminals. Roll Eyes

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, since alcohol is available everywhere, and some people aren't able to handle their freedom responsibly, we ought to ban the carrying of guns everywhere? I mean, I can roll down to the 7-11 right now and get completely bombed on whatever white trash piss water they got on sale, all while I'm carrying my gun!

Or, and this might sound real batshit crazy, but bear with me, or we can treat people like adults. Instead of wringing our hands about what might happen if Jethro gets a taste of the creature, penalizing the rest of us who can handle our freedom responsibly, we just penalize those who can't. I can go to a game, or whatever, have a beer or two, and not lose my mind and whip out my piece because some other kwyjibo is looking at my woman with monkey lust, and I think most of the other apes can do that too.

I think that's how American Freedom is supposed to work.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Perhaps, since alcohol is available everywhere, and some people aren't able to handle their freedom responsibly, we ought to ban the carrying of guns everywhere? I mean, I can roll down to the 7-11 right now and get completely bombed on whatever white trash piss water they got on sale, all while I'm carrying my gun!

Or, and this might sound real batshit crazy, but bear with me, or we can treat people like adults. Instead of wringing our hands about what might happen if Jethro gets a taste of the creature, penalizing the rest of us who can handle our freedom responsibly, we just penalize those who can't. I can go to a game, or whatever, have a beer or two, and not lose my mind and whip out my piece because some other kwyjibo is looking at my woman with monkey lust, and I think most of the other apes can do that too.

I think that's how American Freedom is supposed to work.

I say we go ahead and ban that Devil water too.

Posts: 1511 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No lips that touch liqour shall ever touch mine!

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep... The only guns at sporting events should be the ones brought in by criminals. Roll Eyes

This was my reaction. You don't think some people are ALREADY carrying guns? If you think the only people with guns at most sporting events now are security people, I've got some beachfront property in Kansas for you.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
On I-70 that runs through Colorado there is a restaurant visible from the highway that serves alcohol (actually, there are many such establishments, but this is about just one). The restaurant came up in a discussion I was having with a co-worker, a very intelligent woman. She said that such a place shouldn’t be allowed to operate because it sold alcohol and was right next to the highway!

I could only look at her in wonderment. Although it’s not an interstate, a U.S. route with a significant amount of traffic runs through our little town and passes six or seven establishments that sell alcoholic beverages. And they are so close to the roadway that it’s not even necessary to use an off ramp: Pull over (no parking meters either), walk 15 or 20 feet, and you’re inside imbibing the devil’s brew.

The fact is that people who carry guns legally are usually very sensitive to their responsibilities. There is a greater likelihood that the people carrying won’t drink at all than that they would drink and get into trouble (fight, DWI, falling down all those steps) if they weren’t carrying. The presence of legal gun-toting people makes us all safer for more than one reason.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Shutdown them gas station mini-marts...the devil drink is on board Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
On I-70 that runs through Colorado there is a restaurant visible from the highway that serves alcohol (actually, there are many such establishments, but this is about just one). The restaurant came up in a discussion I was having with a co-worker, a very intelligent woman. She said that such a place shouldn’t be allowed to operate because it sold alcohol and was right next to the highway!

I could only look at her in wonderment. Although it’s not an interstate, a U.S. route with a significant amount of traffic runs through our little town and passes six or seven establishments that sell alcoholic beverages. And they are so close to the roadway that it’s not even necessary to use an off ramp: Pull over (no parking meters either), walk 15 or 20 feet, and you’re inside imbibing the devil’s brew.

The fact is that people who carry guns legally are usually very sensitive to their responsibilities. There is a greater likelihood that the people carrying won’t drink at all than that they would drink and get into trouble (fight, DWI, falling down all those steps) if they weren’t carrying. The presence of legal gun-toting people makes us all safer for more than one reason.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Man, we've got alcohol everywhere all the time here in Las Vegas, and we've got lots of guns Eek

Posts: 8143 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's a great idea, mo guns mo betta

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
There should be no limitations whatsoever where CCL holders can carry. None. Anyone who screws up or acts irresponsible while carrying and drinking, should have the book thrown at them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Alcohol and guns simply don't mix. If you think drinking, even a single beer, doesn't impair your skill or judgment, how about you have a couple before your next class or training day and see how the rangemaster takes it. I'm sure he'll just let you waltz right up to the line.

When I'm carrying I simply do not drink any alcohol period when I go out. I am on an elevated status and hyper sensitive to the responsibility I have. As a result, I have a lot of Arnold Palmers or ice tea but zero alcohol.

Posts: 4066 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Alcohol and guns simply don't mix. If you think drinking, even a single beer, doesn't impair your skill or judgment, how about you have a couple before your next class or training day and see how the rangemaster takes it. I'm sure he'll just let you waltz right up to the line.

When I'm carrying I simply do not drink any alcohol period when I go out. I am on an elevated status and hyper sensitive to the responsibility I have. As a result, I have a lot of Arnold Palmers or ice tea but zero alcohol.

well you deserve a round of applause.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sorry you can't help shooting yourself or others after having one beer. I don't think most other people have problems with it. I can respect you decision not to drink a beer and carry, don't force it on me though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Totally for this bill and it's intent. Of course the commies at the NCAA has a problem with us making decisions for ourselves.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20296 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I'm sorry you can't help shooting yourself or others after having one beer. I don't think most other people have problems with it. I can respect you decision not to drink a beer and carry, don't force it on me though.

Not my intention to force anyone to do anything. Just expressing my view.

And for the snotty comment about not being unable to shoot myself or others after having a beer - you're an idiot. You don't know me or anything about me so don't start telling me about myself. Thanks.

Posts: 4066 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Then look at it a slightly different way. That one beer might be all the ammunition a motivated liberal prosecutor needs in court to hang you out to dry if you are forced to use your weapon to defend yourself.

I don't drink at all anymore, but I'm with flashlightboy on this one.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post