SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum Orinthologist - interesting bird song at our house
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum Orinthologist - interesting bird song at our house Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
My wife recorded this the other day and for the life of me I have never heard it before. She said it was two and they were singing back and forth to each other.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
not sure which bird it is , but as a resident of Central Va (Chesterfield Co, near the State Park) I hear it alot

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a European Swallow, the African Swallows have a bit deeper tone... Razz

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I’m a birder, but I don’t readily know that one. There is an app for that...called BirdGenie. It identifies birds by their vocalizations. I used to listen to bird vocalizations on the net in my earlier days in the hobby, back when I was on fire, but that app is something I would probably go to now if I was starting out. I may get it someday if I get back out like I used to, but right now I’m pretty good with the locals.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Sounds like a European Swallow, the African Swallows have a bit deeper tone... Razz

Laden or unladen?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Birdnet (app) says might be a Carolina Chickedee

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Wish I could help you. Because of my high frequency hearing loss, I haven't heard a bird chirp in several years and I really miss that.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Laden or unladen?

LOL that is what I thought too Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Birdnet (app) says might be a Carolina Chickedee

Yes, I agree. that is exactly what it is Wink Dang now I have to find where the little guy is hanging out to try to record it again.

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Carolina chickadees are a daily visitor to my feeders, and I hear their vocalizations all day long. I didn't choose it because the one on the recording has 7 notes. Not saying it isn't a Carolina chickadee, but it is very similar.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post