SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man gunned down after confronting Baltimore squeegee workers, cops say
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man gunned down after confronting Baltimore squeegee workers, cops say Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well. I would strongly bet on the latter. Watch the Wire. Nothing has changed.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
It sures sounds like the dead guy made a bad decision or two. But...

Is Baltimore going to address the problem or continue to pretend it doesn't exist??

Leftist playbook: blame the gun.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The article says he went through the intersection where they were, parked nearby and got out with a bat and came after them.

It peanut butter jelly time!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Is the dead guy in a protected class?
Is the shooter in a protected class?
Can Mosby get something out of it?
How much press for the cause of the moment?

These are the four factors to determine prosecution.

Nothing to do with probable cause, violation of law, or any of that silly legal stuff.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
It sures sounds like the dead guy made a bad decision or two. But...

Is Baltimore going to address the problem or continue to pretend it doesn't exist??

I imagine they will be on this 'addressing' issue by Monday morning. People can't just be driving around with bats (also known as little assault sluggers). Imagine what could have happened if the victims of this attack hadn't been strapped and consequently unable to pursue a livelihood. Eek And don't even tell me that most bats are used for sporting uses.

Posts: 6395 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Left car which was means of escape.

Took bat to gun fight.
Fully agree. Next guy should upgrade his game to a SBR'd AK with a 50 round drum mag when he exits his car. Wink

I'll throw anyone here 2 to 1 odds the shooter has a rap sheet as long as my right leg and can't legally possess a firearm. Doesn't matter as that will likely never be discussed given its Baltimore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Left car which was means of escape.

Took bat to gun fight.

He initially didn't need a means of escape. He stopped and chose to go to a fight he himself created with a bat (deadly weapon) against (so he thought) an unarmed group of yutes.

Unfortunately for him, they were armed and apparently chose to defend themselves.

Not a lot of victims in that crowd. Just stupid people, and some more than others.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Just stupid people, and some more than others.
Doesn't living in Baltimore suggest a significant degree of stupidity on its own?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the late 80's and early 90's I exhibited at a lot of trade shows at the World Congress Center in Atlanta. The most direct route to our hotel always took me past one corner near the WCC populated by the "squegee thugs" and various other "entrepreneurs". I would stop a half block away and try to time the stoplight so I could get thru on a green light. Usually worked. Prior to the 1996 Olympics, the City of Atlanta "relocated" the squegee squads there. Not sure what they did, but they didnt return in the years following.

That said, once I made it passed the "squad" there is no way I would have stopped and confronted them with a bat - or a gun!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post