SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picked Up A Feathered Guest On The Way Home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked Up A Feathered Guest On The Way Home Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Nice save! Would love to see one at our place, we’re very close to you in NC.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Always puts a spec (or two) of dust in my eye, the kindness that those give to animals.

Thanks for sharing the beginning of the story, I hope to hear the positive updates.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful bird! Good job rescuing him I hope he heals up quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He made it through the night. I do believe his wing has a severe sprain. It doesn't seem broken as he has symmetry, but can't fly.

He's a biter. Man oh man he's a biter. Good thing I have built up an immunity to Cedar Waxwing venom or I'd be a gonner, but we all know the female of the species is much more deadlier than the male.

Anyways in all his biteyness I would jam a blueberry down his gullet until he got the message that biting meant treats. I believe I am creating a monster. Once he heals up, he should have no problem readjusting to being a wild bird. I just have to release him when I see a flock of waxwings.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post