SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Guitar Day, Pretty Special
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Guitar Day, Pretty Special Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Special because this literally IS my dream guitar; it's custom made. I designed it and worked with Anthony Sims, Lucky Dog Guitars, to bring it to reality.

The T-style body is swamp ash. The fretboard is bird's eye maple and the neck is lightly flamed maple. The body color is Dodge Hellcat Blue, and it's a nitro finish. The pickguard is copper, and that was a difficult part of my wishlist to cross off, it had to be custom made and cut to fit that foil pickup.

The pickups are from Curtis Novak, a custom pickup builder in the California desert. The bridge pickup is a Tele-Fat Bridge, and the neck is GT-V Gold Foil. It has a 4-way, rather than a 3-way switch. The second position is bridge and neck in parallel; it's got a rather Straty sound in this position. The third position is bridge and neck in series.

This was a long time coming, Anthony has a long wait list. Less than a year ago he completed a new workshop for building guitars. Before that they came out of one side of a 2-car garage.

Lucky Dog Custom Guitars

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Enjoy playing it!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Congrats. That’s a beautiful guitar.

I resisted the urge for a long time to get a tele but when I finally gave in it was worth it. A few years ago I scooped up a chrome blue American Tele with a maple neck for a song. It’s one of my favs.

It’s a uniquely satisfying feeling owning your dream guitar. Congratulations it’s a beauty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That looks twangy! Cool

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That is really slick! A copper pickguard is a great idea. Built in shielding. Smile

Posts: 45383 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's really cool! I too like the copper pick guard idea! Very original.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38700 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Very nice guitar. Nice looking SG you have on the wall.

I got my dream guitar awhile back - a 1968 LP reissue from the custom shop with a few upgrades.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I could only have one electric guitar it'd be a maple neck telecaster. Congratulations and play it loud.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3544 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Very nice guitar. Nice looking SG you have on the wall.

I got my dream guitar awhile back - a 1968 LP reissue from the custom shop with a few upgrades.

The SG is a ‘61 reissue. My older cousin, Billy Jim had a cherry SG much like it. That guitar is named “Billy Jim” in his honor. It’s a great guitar.

Short story behind the SG. I had an ES-339 Studio that I just never took to. I took it down to Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, Colorado. I started to badmouth Gibson because I had some issues with the 339. The guy I was working with wouldn’t have it. He essentially poked me in the chest saying, “You can’t badmouth one of the oldest and most respected guitar makers in the country!” I played the SG, and loved it. Still do.

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Sweet, I am a Tele guy myself and yours definitely is nice.I hear a lot of good things about this boutique company. Wittfill, Suhr, Anderson also. One can never have too many!! Enjoy that baby!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Very nice guitar and collection...enjoy.

When I was a teen I had expressed an interest in getting an electric guitar. My Dad said to pick between the guitar and a popular game that I wanted as well and he'd get it for my birthday. Like a dumbass I selected the game. I discovered later that he had already purchased a guitar/amp and had to return them.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
Very nice guitar and collection...enjoy.

When I was a teen I had expressed an interest in getting an electric guitar. My Dad said to pick between the guitar and a popular game that I wanted as well and he'd get it for my birthday. Like a dumbass I selected the game. I discovered later that he had already purchased a guitar/amp and had to return them.

It’s never too late, brother

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Took the words out of my mouth TMats.

I'm 63 and took up guitar at 53.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38700 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s my story. I always had an acoustic guitar around. It was never a good one, and at one point a friend who played 12-string guitar talked me into buying a Sigma 12-string (Sigma was Martin’s budget line). I didn’t like it. I knew some cowboy chords and just played around.

Later my son had a Playstation and the Guitar Hero video game. I found myself getting home from work and going into his room to play the game. Finally it struck me. This is stupid, I’m putting in time learning to play this stupid game when I could be learning to play.

I bought a Fender American Special Strat and a Vox modeling amp. That guitar was traded off two Strats ago. I’ve traded around and upgraded quite a few times, and now I like all my guitars. Each fills a sonic hole. I’d like a guitar with P-90s and some kind of acoustic/electric. Maybe a resonator.

I’m retired now and can play a couple hours every day. I’ll never be very good, it doesn’t come easily/naturally to me. I enjoy it though, and I think it’s good for me. If this thread causes Texassierra, or anyone else to go out and buy a guitar, or pick one up that’s been collecting dust, then hey, I’ll feel good about it. Maybe next piano…

posted Hide Post
Stunning guitar.

PC

Posts: 1341 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Beautiful guitar! Special indeed.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7079 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet Tele! Congratulations!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please provide more info about the neck pickup - is it hum-cancelling but with a single coil sound?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I have leered at the Lucky Dog website for the last couple months as I shop for a Tele...

I have always been a Les Paul player, but I am looking to expand my horizons...

I will say that I am very jealous of that beauty. play it and smile, I am sure you will.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post