SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actual Pleasant Experience With Comcast/Xfinity For A Change
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actual Pleasant Experience With Comcast/Xfinity For A Change Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
So ironically all while I'm looking at possibly ditching Comcast and going with an alternative internet provider and going 100% streaming for TV, I find that I was able to triple my broadband from 200 to 600 and get a bunch more channels for basically 15 bucks more a month.

My channel lineup was not updating and I spent a few sessions on tech support chat with India and they finally transfer me to an American who looks at it all and within a minute finds the issue: my X1 box was outdated and I'd need to get a new one.

I know there was a Comcast office down the road from me that I used to go to years ago to swap out boxes etc and it was a grim place, like a Comcast DMV with surly employees and bulletproof glass (I kid you not).

The tech informs me there is an Xfinity Store near me and I assume it's this nasty old DMV-like place. It's Saturday night and I tell her I'll go by there Monday morning "Sir, they are open tomorrow, you can go there then and get a new X1 box"

So I look up where this place is, it's moved since I last had to deal with them, it's now in a shopping center and looks like a Verizon or AT&T store! I make an appointment online, go in and am out within 5 minutes with a new box, the uniformed Xfintity guy could not have been more professional or nice.

A huge contrast to the old days where the employees were sour and unhelpful.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actual Pleasant Experience With Comcast/Xfinity For A Change.

No......no one else anywhere has ever experienced this. Smile

I watched a dude walk into a Comcast office o e time with a box FULL of their equipment and literally LAUNCHED IT over the glass at the folks, equipment raining down with a hearty. “Take your shit, I’m done!” And walked out. Basically a mike drop.

Now I’m not saying he was right. I’m just saying I understand.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the best part of comcast is access to xfinity mobile, which use verizon towers at 1/2 the price for the same cell service.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I almost lost consciousness when I read the title of this thread.

You, sir, had a unicorn experience.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am of the belief that we could cure many of our societal ills by coming together as one in our common and universal hatred of Comcast. Smile

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should mark that date on the calendar and make sure others know about it.

In all seriousness, I try to keep my experiences with Xfinity to a minimum. The vast majority of their employees are recent college graduates and just collecting a paycheck, meanwhile their managers are mid-level functionaries that are simply doing what they're told with a bit of leeway and likely little support other than 'read the policy'. Cable providers rank right up there with mobile service providers, bankers and teachers unions.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
comcast can pack sand in their asses

I don't like to say never but I can comfortably say comcast will never get another dime from me

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Middle of. pandemic they decide to start limiting data for the triple play. You know, tv, phone, internet. 1.2 TB. Sounds like a lot except that counts everything. Watch TV. Boom. Use the phone. Boom. Oh, by you can buy their unlimited data for another 30 bucks a month. Fuck Comcast.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They're just buttering the OP up so he lets his guard down. My advice:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father died on 1/14. XFinity/Comcast was contacted on 1/15 to terminate his service (TV only). They required a copy of the Death Certificate, which would take a week or so to obtain, or for me to appear in person. So I went to the local office to provide ID and do the required paperwork on the 15th. Despite this, the disconnect will not occur until the 27th, which conveniently allows them bill my dad's account an additional $100.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actual Pleasant Experience With Comcast/Xfinity For A Change

I never heard of such a thing from those co@ks&#*$rs!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Actual Pleasant Experience With Comcast/Xfinity For A Change

I never heard of such a thing from those co@ks&#*$rs!

There are a series of “chick flick” books about a bail enforcement agent named Stephanie Plum. My wife and I would each get a book on CD for road trips and I would usually get a Clancy or Cussler esque read and she happened into this series which in the end we both loved listening to.

Anyway one of the books has this minor subplot/joke about the cable company and everybody they run into friend or foe will basically stop and mutter “Those Fuc;$ers!” Every time the cable company is brought up. Since then every time my wife or I talk about Comcast it’s “Those Fu&$ers!” Smile

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We have a great guy on the Forum that works for Comcast/XFinity. He’s one of the few people/experiences I’ve had that was good when it comes to price and value of service. Planning to call them this week and cancel everything but cable internet.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A huge contrast to the old days where the employees were sour and unhelpful.

Okay, I'll be another odd man out. The wife and I have had Comcast for almost the entire 23 years we have lived in Tennessee and we have never had the problems that others on here rant about. My biggest complaint over the years was the horrible service at the local office. They would make you wait in a line for over an hour, even for the simplest things. Something like 6 years ago, they opened one of these new stores in a strip mall in town and I can't believe how much better the service has been. In fact, we were in just last week to update our package. We had been on Basic service (few channels and no HD) with HBO and internet. We ended up dropping HBO and got faster internet speed, more channels and HD for the same price. New boxes and remotes and we were in and out in about 15-20 minutes. Setup at home was extremely simple. A far cry from the days of old.

The guy also talked to us about the Xfinity Mobile service. We had been Sprint customers for 20 years but this merger with T-Mobile leaves a lot to be desired. Going to the Sprint store (now T-Mobile) has always been like the old Comcast office. To get new phones would take 2 hours. We dropped in last week to get the new T-Mobile SIM cards installed in our phones and it took something like 45 minutes to do that even though the store was empty and we were assisted the moment we walked in. We will do some more investigating but the Xfinity Mobile appears to be about half of what we are currently paying and we may be switching.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Concast/xfinity for a few years. CS went from Texas (great service) to the Philippines (language barrier and poor service).

I'm with Cox cable now and am very satisfied with their CS..

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find that I was able to triple my broadband from 200 to 600 and get a bunch more channels for basically 15 bucks more a month

My experience has been that suddenly your speeds will decrease to 200 and when you call they will say, "We no longer have that plan". You will try to find it online and won't be able to. They will deny everything but tell you the new price to get what you already bought.

But maybe, just maybe, they see the writing on the wall and realize 5G is going to be a thing and home internet/tv wirelessly will cause competition for them. I have no Comcast available but I'm on T-mobile 4G Internet and it's working fine.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Middle of. pandemic they decide to start limiting data for the triple play. You know, tv, phone, internet. 1.2 TB. Sounds like a lot except that counts everything. Watch TV. Boom. Use the phone. Boom. Oh, by you can buy their unlimited data for another 30 bucks a month. Fuck Comcast.

Their unlimited data isn't much better. I have had it for 3 years. It was great up until last April - now it sucks.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I will take this hill with you my man. My last comcast experience was essentially verbatim of yours. I do like using the app to reset the router when it does break.

generally good service and high speed.

I never thought I would applaud comcast but their CS has gone up 9million fold since 2018 when i needed them last.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I HAD concast for years and it was always something. I now have had Fios for 10yrs and zero yes zero issues. I unfortunately use them at my boat and again it’s either no tv no,internet both or a picture that resembles poor over the air tv. I won’t go,into any of the MANY stories I have. But I was once told that I just can’t cancel my service.

Posts: 74 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy these threads and we need more.

The "fill their ass with sand" made me LOL.

The membership here really know how to express displeasure Big Grin

Thanks for the relief from the negative OP.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post