SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Phone was off, missed a call, how to get call back #? SOLVED, SIGforum Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phone was off, missed a call, how to get call back #? SOLVED, SIGforum Rocks!!!!!!!!!! Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted
I figure SIGforum may be able to help me with this dilemna.

A close friend of mine, whom I lost contact with about 10 years ago, and have been looking for, finally, out of the blue, called me last night and left me a message. The good news is I now know he is alive. The bad news is, my phone was off when he called, and I have no log of his number, and he didn't leave his number in a voicemail.

Is there anyway to try and retrieve this number, or am I back to the starting board trying to find him? I am using a Galaxy S5 Android phone on an AT&T network.

I am hoping you fine folks can help me make this the best Christmas ever by getting ahold of my long lost friend.

Thanks.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4937 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If he left you a VM, and the VM was logged on your phone, it should display the phone number?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
That's what usually happens, Ronin, but not this time. Only thing I can think of was my phone was off, and didn't log the call. The voicemail was there this morning, but no number as to where it came from.

Mike

Posts: 4937 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Usually when listening to a VM, you can press 5. Most phones/companies VM, 5 is envelope information and will give you the details of the call, including phone number.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Also, you can check your voicemail by calling your phone from your phone. When it answers press either # or * and you can enter your pin to get your voicemails read to you with call information.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Holy moly Beancooker, never knew that. And yep, it listed his number Big Grin. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Most excellent, Ronin, also good to know. Thanks!

Mike

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
SigForum for the win....again! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Late to the party - glad the issue got resolved.

Don't most cell bills show the numbers for incoming and outgoing calls? If your billing history includes call details, you could also have logged onto your service provider's account page and checked your call history there.

Many ways to skin a cat! Smile

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
I am not sure aout your AT&T account, but on mine:
I can log in to my AT&T account
I can navigate to
My Services>
My Wireless>
See all Usage>Under "Usage by Number" select the Talk tab>
select you number and "See data, text, and talk logs>

It then displays all incoming and outing calls

I can see the logs from current and past billing periods

Have a Merry Christmas
Steve

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Joel, yep, that was next thing to do, contact AT&T. I figured I would ask here first, may get an answer faster, and I was right. Big Grin

Thanks sj, I was going to delve into the billing statements next, or call AT&T customer service to see if they could help. But, the envelope trick from Beancooker worked great.

Mike

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Two things that don't exist...

Faster-than-light

Faster-than-SIGforum

Smile

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
15 minutes from problem to solution.
A little slow by Sig Forum standards, but it is the holidays. Big Grin

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post