SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What would cause low water pressure in just one bathroom?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would cause low water pressure in just one bathroom? Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
For what its worth i have one bathroom that will get sanded if anything gets past the meter.

Its happened several times over the years. I keep new toilet flush valves and sink aerators on hand at all times for when this happens.

I would start by flushing the tub faucets and or remove the shower head. Then remove the sink aerators and open flush then remove the toilet flush valve and doing an open line flush.

Then replace the toilet flush valve and sink aerator.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could be calcium buildup on the commode shutoff valve or the fill mechanism itself.

If he's got a clogged aerator it's entirely possible that he's got the same issue inside the fill valve of the toilet.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Just fixed a problem like this. Sediment in the lines. Changed out fill valve in toilet, cleaned aerator and drained the lines to the water heater. Back to normal.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8879 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post