SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    David Truong Strikes Again!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Truong Strikes Again! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Saturday, April 13, 1974, I was flying an Aero Commander 520 (oldie but goodie, serial # 18) from Chicago Midway to Valparaiso, Indiana.

Pretty lady passenger was sitting in co-pilot seat. Took me a while to work up the nerve to ask if she was free for dinner.

Today, May 18 2020, will be our 41st wedding anniversary.

Christmas 1974, I gave her a piece of jewelry, a ring that was a love knot woven with one strand of yellow gold, one strand of white gold.

I sent the ring to David Truong so that he could see it in detail and duplicate the design for matching earrings.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful Mr. Tail, send the wife a congrats or my condolences, whichever is appropriate Big Grin

Posts: 5333 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Mrs and Mr VTail!

Posts: 23482 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Nice job on both yours and Mr Davids part.

Posts: 18036 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
happy anniversary

Posts: 53197 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Seems like it was just yesterday.

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
-- Groucho Marx

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful! Dave never fails. (Of course I was hoping he duct taped a dude on a plane again

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary to the Tail's! Pretty earrings, how did she react?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats! And as always, nice work by Mr Truong.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Happy Anniversary to the Tail's! Pretty earrings, how did she react?
She loves them. I served them up with breakfast this morning.

She might even tolerate me for another year.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!! He does good work. I am going to get a hold of him after he returns from his vacation. There is something I want to order and hoping he could help me out.

Posts: 4064 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Very nice on both accounts. Congrats to all!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary, friend!!!

Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You have very good taste in a thoughtful ring sir. I bet she loves the pair. Happy 41st you two.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Outstanding gift, V-Tail! Happy Anniversary!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dave did my wife's ring and did a great job.

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Earrings look awesome. I love the fact you’re still in love with your bride after all these years.

You were flying a plane and meeting your wife, about six months before I was born.

Vtail, Did you eat supper with Jesus and the twelve disciples?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

You were flying a plane and meeting your wife, about six months before I was born.
I had been a commercial pilot / flight instructor for about ten years prior to that date.

quote:
Vtail, Did you eat supper with Jesus and the twelve deciples?
Different religion. Well, maybe not, I think that He was the first Jew to convert to Christianity (there's a joke about that). A musician friend of mine who wrote a song about a carpenter, said: "Remember, Jesus was a Jew even though He had a Puerto Rican name."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Vtail, you’re the coolest guy n the internetz.

Seriously. I hope to share a beer, or a soda with you someday.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post