SIGforum
David Truong Strikes Again!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9810013074

May 18, 2020, 01:10 PM
V-Tail
David Truong Strikes Again!
Saturday, April 13, 1974, I was flying an Aero Commander 520 (oldie but goodie, serial # 18) from Chicago Midway to Valparaiso, Indiana.

Pretty lady passenger was sitting in co-pilot seat. Took me a while to work up the nerve to ask if she was free for dinner.

Today, May 18 2020, will be our 41st wedding anniversary.

Christmas 1974, I gave her a piece of jewelry, a ring that was a love knot woven with one strand of yellow gold, one strand of white gold.

I sent the ring to David Truong so that he could see it in detail and duplicate the design for matching earrings.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 18, 2020, 01:21 PM
BigSwede
Those are beautiful Mr. Tail, send the wife a congrats or my condolences, whichever is appropriate Big Grin

May 18, 2020, 01:23 PM
HRK
Congrats to Mrs and Mr VTail!
May 18, 2020, 01:27 PM
Mustang-PaPa
Nice job on both yours and Mr Davids part.
May 18, 2020, 01:50 PM
nhtagmember
happy anniversary
May 18, 2020, 01:57 PM
V-Tail
Seems like it was just yesterday.

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
-- Groucho Marx

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 18, 2020, 02:46 PM
Jaycat
Those are beautiful! Dave never fails. (Of course I was hoping he duct taped a dude on a plane again

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!
May 18, 2020, 03:15 PM
Skins2881
Happy Anniversary to the Tail's! Pretty earrings, how did she react?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 18, 2020, 03:18 PM
P250UA5
Congrats! And as always, nice work by Mr Truong.

The Enemy's gate is down.
May 18, 2020, 03:21 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Happy Anniversary to the Tail's! Pretty earrings, how did she react?
She loves them. I served them up with breakfast this morning.

She might even tolerate me for another year.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 18, 2020, 05:35 PM
357fuzz
Congrats!!!! He does good work. I am going to get a hold of him after he returns from his vacation. There is something I want to order and hoping he could help me out.
May 18, 2020, 06:32 PM
coloradohunter44
Very nice on both accounts. Congrats to all!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
May 18, 2020, 08:03 PM
ersatzknarf
Happy anniversary, friend!!!

Smile

May 18, 2020, 09:02 PM
Rey HRH
Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 18, 2020, 09:37 PM
David Lee
You have very good taste in a thoughtful ring sir. I bet she loves the pair. Happy 41st you two.
May 18, 2020, 09:51 PM
Tailhook 84
Outstanding gift, V-Tail! Happy Anniversary!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."
May 18, 2020, 10:05 PM
blueye
Congratulations, Dave did my wife's ring and did a great job.
May 18, 2020, 10:40 PM
Beancooker
Earrings look awesome. I love the fact you’re still in love with your bride after all these years.

You were flying a plane and meeting your wife, about six months before I was born.

Vtail, Did you eat supper with Jesus and the twelve disciples?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
May 18, 2020, 10:49 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

You were flying a plane and meeting your wife, about six months before I was born.
I had been a commercial pilot / flight instructor for about ten years prior to that date.

quote:
Vtail, Did you eat supper with Jesus and the twelve deciples?
Different religion. Well, maybe not, I think that He was the first Jew to convert to Christianity (there's a joke about that). A musician friend of mine who wrote a song about a carpenter, said: "Remember, Jesus was a Jew even though He had a Puerto Rican name."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 18, 2020, 10:57 PM
Beancooker
Vtail, you’re the coolest guy n the internetz.

Seriously. I hope to share a beer, or a soda with you someday.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread