Find
Notify
Tools

Zep Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My favorite Zeppelin song comes from their final album; 1979’s In Through The Out Door:

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post

Oh sorry I was thinking of something else.

Yes I love Zeppelin

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/NrUIJY_Xu2s

Going to California is one of my favorites

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my time of dying is great but I think Fool in the rain is my favorite.

I worked with a guy whose sister or cousin (I can’t remember which), left home around 16 and went to California and became a Zeppelin groupie. He showed me pics of her with the guys on The Starship.

Posts: 971 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I never saw Zep live, but I saw Zoso, the tribute band a few times. I highly recommend it.

http://www.zosoontour.com/

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the chance to see them at the Richfield Coliseum (Cleveland area) in '75.

An interesting video on John Bonham's technique and his importance to the band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvOm2oZRQIk

Posts: 773 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
"Communication Breakdown" - 'nuff said.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Saw them in 1969 in Detroit, great live.

Posts: 5308 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Some cool early clips

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Zep. It's all good.
I remember moving back to my folks for a stint between colleges. The basement had a ping-pong table, a regulation bristle dart board in a "Cheer's" cabinet, and an old 8-track player in the age of cassette tape players (I think CD's were just taking off).
In the stack of 8-track tapes there were only two worth listening to. Blondie, of which I don't remember the album, and In Through the Out Door.
Not my favorite album but have lots of memories w/ it.

Posts: 7370 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
While Stairway is likely their most popular song by airplay my favorite is Kashmir

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para posted my favorite Zeppelin song (When The Levee breaks) in his OP. Another one that I like is Bring It On Home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig239dlehr,

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah! Stairway is my favorite but there are a lot of good ones. The Blu Ray of "Celebration Day" is a good concert with a nice CD as well. John Bonham's son Jason does a nice job on the drums!

Posts: 6631 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Awesome thread! I can't pick a favorite song....but, there's an intro on the BBC sessions material where a broadcaster is introducing Zep and they come out and break into The Immigrant Song....man, that had to blow the kiddos away!

Posts: 1974 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite band, always has been and always will, never had a chance to see them live. Highly recommend seeing Get The Led Out if you get a chance. Saw them 5 times so far and it's fantastic.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I was a college radio music director and had a primetime weekly show in the 90's. I had no clue about zeppelin till some friends got me stoned and played kashmir. I renammed my show ti Zeppelin zoo and did 3 hours of zepp. It was our highest rated show.

Kashmir is my favorite song, which is difficult because there are so many to choose from, and zeppelin my favorite band going on 30+ years.

I dont listen often anymore because I've heard it all so many times. Every re-release, every album, every song, but if someone asks "greatest of all time" i instantly think of led zeppelin.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:

The Master Professor teaching the first-year students Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16721 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Happy Friday!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7634 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post