SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pacemaker time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacemaker time Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
I had my third Ablasion a couple months ago. That one didn't work either.
I am real sick of having no energy or stamina.

I go in Wednesday to have a pacemaker installed.
This should be the end of Afib and Flutters.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Praying that it works well for you!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I hope it will be the new lease on life for you. Best of luck.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Be thinking of & wishing you a speedy recovery Smile

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I just had my 1st ablation and so far so good.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a great outcome and full recovery.
Pacemaker story: Some folks I know really loved a cat who survived an explosion and fire. The cat was later diagnosed with a bad heart. They took him to the Ohio State University Veterinary School and OSU proposed to install a pacemaker. Very ground breaking surgery at the time. It was successfully implanted and the cat lived for several more lives.
If the cat can do it, so can you! Good luck!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of ablations and they didn't hold several years ago, so a pacemaker (without shock) was installed. It seems to be working OK, but it did once cause my heart rate to go up to 116 for a short time. It's been checked and battery is good for 4 more years.

I expect and pray that your situation is as good.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you, let us know how it went.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Afib can be a real PIA especially if you're symptomatic as I was. Felt like a live fish was flopping inside my chest. I'd have an episode at least once a week and as far as I could tell there wasn't a trigger, came out of the blue. The antiarrhymic meds didn't do much good.

I was seeing a cardiologist in a group practice. She wanted to increase the dosage of the meds but said a pacemaker would be required in order to prevent the heart rate from dropping too low. An unfortunate side effect of the meds.

I asked for a second opinion and one of the other docs urged that I see an EP and get an ablation. So I did and overall it was the right decision. I still have occasional episodes but a dose of flecainide puts me back in sinus fairly quickly.

Keep in mind the pacemaker doesn't fix afib, it'll still be there. But keeping your heart rate from dropping too low will certainly help with fatigue and should boost your energy.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
True story re Pacemaker, just happened this past week.

Martin-who-works-with-me sent me a message; he would not be able to make it in to work as scheduled. His father-in-law's pacemaker monitoring service notified them that the pacemaker seemed to be acting wonky and FIL needed to get in there stat! So, Martin drove his FIL to the cardio facility in Daytona.

Turns out that FIL had found an old cordless phone set, plugged it in, and whenever he walked into the room where the cordless phone's base station was, the pacemaker monitoring place started receiving weird signals.

There was nothing wrong with the pacemaker. The old-technology cordless phone system was interfering with the monitoring, not with the pacemaker itself.

Martin's FIL was instructed to avoid bargain basement cordless telephones.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I was diagnosed with A-fib 10 years ago and we finally got it under control after my 3d ablation...fortunately without the need for rhythm meds but with a blood thinner. I really wanted off the thinners so 6 weeks ago I opted to get a Watchman implanted. The echo Friday showed that heart tissue has fully closed over the site. Here's a video of the device.

https://www.bostonscientific.c...y/laac-watchman.html

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post