SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Planet Fitness
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Planet Fitness Login/Join 
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I guess every PF is different on their "militant-ness". I see jeans, boots, and sports bras all the time at mine with no issues. The only time I've ever heard the alarm go off was a guy that kept dropping his weights.

This is my second PF in two states and the last one was the same too.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
WTF is a lunk alarm?

a buzzer/siren that sounds when a staff member see s lunk behavior like grunting, screaming and throwing weights around. Kind of a passive aggresive warning to follow the rules

https://youtu.be/xBtqc8tpugU

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I just quit Planet in favor of a larger gym in my area.

I had been a Life Time Fitness member for ten years, I guess?, when I tried to save $55/mo. with PF. That lasted a month. Just couldn't do it. So I dropped PF and went back to LTF.

My LTF facility had been a really nice gym, but had become overrun by... *cough*... "a class of people," shall we say?, that didn't know how to conduct themselves in civilized society. Plus management had turned the place into a childrens' day care in the summertime and had begun replacing some of the machines with what I felt to be inferior equipment. Announcing raising my rate to $74/mo. was the straw that broke this camel's back.

I found a local, one-off, "mom-and-pop" operated gym. No pool, saunas, whirlpool, rock-climbing wall, basketball or racquet ball courts, etc., but had all the equipment I needed, a really pleasant environment and is only $25/mo.

The LTF locations out here seem like more of a social club than a gym and they are building a mega complex near me on the grounds of a large "cult like" church....should be interesting.

Best gym I ever belonged to was owned and operated by Jim Helwig (The Ultimate Warrior). It was a real gym, for real people and he had zero tolerance for any BS but in a really good way.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post