SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    End of an era.. Honda walk behind mower's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

End of an era.. Honda walk behind mower's Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Honda is stopping all production of their walk behind mower line. Production will end September 2023.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. Except, my Honda mower will probably outlast me.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6414 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I might have to snag one. My Troy Bilt is still running after 8 years but getting more oil in the intake.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
My first Honda walk behind is now approximately 25 years old. I gave it to my neighbor about 3 years ago when I bought a new one with electric start. Old one was still running fine,.,

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for the rest of the story. I suspect it’s switch from gas to battery powered.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23269 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I’m waiting for the rest of the story. I suspect it’s switch from gas to battery powered.

Safe bet, that one

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they can come up with a battery powered, self-propelled mower that can cut my acre of grass & fallen leaves without requiring a recharge, I’d be interested. Also, it needs to weigh less than 300 lbs so it doesn’t contain a 200 lb battery!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
quote:

If they can come up with a battery powered, self-propelled mower that can cut my acre of grass & fallen leaves without requiring a recharge, I’d be interested. Also, it needs to weigh less than 300 lbs so it doesn’t contain a 200 lb battery!

We're a ways off from that, I think.
My Ryobi takes all 4 batteries that I have to do my roughly .5 acre, and sometimes a 5th [recharge] if the grass is thick.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I was gonna post this. The Chickanic refers to some X million dollar judgement against Honda, filed by the state of California. I don't know the specifics but apparently Honda corporate don't want more of that legal hassle.

The war on turf grass has been bubbling for a couple decades or more, this news from Honda is concerning to be sure.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They will have to pry my Honda HRX-217 from my cold, dead fingers…

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dang. Hopefully they continue making parts, so I can keep my 2020 HRX running for at least a few more decades.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good vid, she looks pretty savvy.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see that happening. Chickanic video stated that the plant where walk behind mower's were made will be converted over to Honda side by side (UTV) production. Honda powersports dealers can't hardly keep their side by side in stock, very hot sellers for years. I would bet side by side profits are much much higher vs walk behind mower's.

Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
My bad!

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:

I don't see that happening. Chickanic video stated that the plant where walk behind mower's were made will be converted over to Honda side by side (UTV) production. Honda powersports dealers can't hardly keep their side by side in stock, very hot sellers for years. I would bet side by side profits are much much higher vs walk behind mower's.
It's not a mutually exclusive decision as Honda has many plants and maybe others are better suited to electric motors and batteries.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23269 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ego 21” self propelled can run 30-45 minutes in a charge. How long does it take to cut your yard?

What’s wrong with recharging? 15-20 minutes to charge, or one minute to swap if you have an extra battery. When I used to cut my large yards with gas mowers I’d have to stop to refuel.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
What’s wrong with recharging?
Because a better system already exists.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nostradamus

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
quote:

Ego 21” self propelled can run 30-45 minutes in a charge. How long does it take to cut your yard?

What’s wrong with recharging? 15-20 minutes to charge, or one minute to swap if you have an extra battery. When I used to cut my large yards with gas mowers I’d have to stop to refuel.

It takes me THREE HOURS to mow my yard, so a rechargeable/battery powered 'green mower' is NOT even a remote consideration...Gas powered ONLY for me, thank you! Wink

That 3 hours is total time from out the door til I'm back in the house, and includes hydrating every time I empty the bag, and possibly one refueling depending on how thick the grass is on the side where my neighbor's irrigation system supersaturates the earth due to THREE waterings per day! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
So who is this person just some random chick? Does anyone have verified info from Honda stating this.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post