SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Accidental cat filter derails Pakistani political press conference
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accidental cat filter derails Pakistani political press conference Login/Join 
posted
Chuckle for the day. THE LINK HAS THE PICS.

A Pakistani politician suffered a major catastrophe when his press conference was live-streamed on social media last week.

A briefing by Shaukat Yousafzai, a regional minister in northwest Pakistan, was broadcast on his Tehreek-e-Insaf party’s official Facebook page Friday, in an attempt to keep constituents in the loop about local issues.

But the video attracted attention for an entirely different reason — unbeknown to Yousafzai, a staffer had left on a cat filter, meaning he appeared with feline ears and whiskers throughout the broadcast.

It didn’t take long for commentators to pounce on the error, with plenty of pictures appearing online before the original video was hastily deleted, and the inevitable online mockery followed.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/06/17/a...al-press-conference/

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I spent a minute trying to understand the title. I guess I'm old. Smile

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is HILARIOUS!!! Don’t get me wrong I’d want somebody’s ass for this if it were me but since it’s not....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

The fact that such a thing as a "cat filter" exists tells you all you need to know about the direction society is headed!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're not alone...

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Honestly maybe we should start having all UN type negotiations like this. Eventually even some tin pot dictator or hard ass world leader is gonna crack up and that is one step closer to everybody ratcheting things down.......

Or the weirdest beginning to war ever.

Either or.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
At least it was just the cat filter, and not the "change your gender" filter that came up in another thread last week.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10940 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

The fact that such a thing as a "cat filter" exists tells you all you need to know about the direction society is headed!
I didn't know there was such a thing, or what it does. Who has them and where are they used?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Katbuki Theater...

"They got that Pak Cat Fevur...."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
"Meow look here, I want you people stop laughing at me right meow!"

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Is there a she devil filter for Pelosi?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

I didn't know there was such a thing, or what it does. Who has them and where are they used?

flashguy

Teenage girls have them and they are used on social media and messaging services. They take your pictures and video and add cat ears or Groucho Marx glasses on you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Forgot to turn off... I don't know anything about Facebook but why would it be "on" in the first place?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post