SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sleeping with the windows open. . . . In November, in NO. West illinois
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeping with the windows open. . . . In November, in NO. West illinois Login/Join 
posted
For 16 nights since October 1st.
I've slept with the windows open Eek and comfortably .

Two sheets and a light blanket for warmth.

It's a down right phenomenal.

The light weight quilt is still in the closet.

It's very pleasant sleeping with fresh air in the apt.

I am sleeping about 30% better.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Between fall allergens and everyone burning leaves at night, not happening here, although the temps have been nice.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
We've had our ceiling fans going for a week and looks like that will continue next week, it was 74 yesterday afternoon.. I ain't complaining.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I ain't got the heat on yet! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I went to the mailbox yesterday and didnt break a sweat.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still too warm and humid here . And the Mosquitos ...

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This is the best times of the year to sleep with the windows open. Been doing it for about a month so far and hope to go probably through the end of November.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
Also in N. Il, and sleep with windows open all winter. Also block the 4 heating ducts in our bedroom as well. Like it chilly in the room under multiple layers for warmth

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
This is the best times of the year to sleep with the windows open. Been doing it for about a month so far and hope to go probably through the end of November.

Same here. I keep my windows open at night anytime the nighttime temp is between about 40 to 65 degrees (provided it's not raining). So that's usually about October-November and April-May.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigseller2000:
Also in N. Il, and sleep with windows open all winter. Also block the 4 heating ducts in our bedroom as well. Like it chilly in the room under multiple layers for warmth

Having spent a few years in N. IL, either you are certifiably nuts or global warming has really kicked in up there.

Down here we are still running the AC during the day but opening the windows at night. Every year there is a transition from needing the heat and needing the AC. Some years its 2 days, some years its a couple of weeks. This year it has been a few weeks so far and looks like it will be nice for a few more.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Going to be 77 degrees here in PA on Monday! Eek

Normally it's about 55 daytime by this time of year, often much colder than that.

I turned my heat back off, it got cold recently and I had to put it on but off it goes.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Once you've turned it on for the year/season, there's no sense turning it off, assuming you've got a thermostat... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
For 16 nights since October 1st.
I've slept with the windows open Eek and comfortably .

Two sheets and a light blanket for warmth.

It's a down right phenomenal.

The light weight quilt is still in the closet.

It's very pleasant sleeping with fresh air in the apt.

I am sleeping about 30% better.

Agreed, I love the fresh air in the house.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice long warm fall here in the Yoop this year. Lets hear it for global warming!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
Yesterday late afternoon I was talking to my parents on the phone in south Louisiana and mom said “We’re going play tennis before it gets dark. You should go play as well, get some exercise.” I was like, “Ummm ma’am it’s been snowing for the last 2 hours here.” It was 86 there and 28 here in Colorado. Big Grin

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In southern Illinois and I just shut the windows and turned the AC on because I hate sleeping when it’s warm. What the heck.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here in N.E. Ohio, windows open.
A few weeks ago, had our first snowfall. Only a dusting but it was still snow. 74 degrees right now.
Crazy.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I jinxed the whole deal.

No more 65 degree days for us

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It's been a beautiful evening here... burgers on the grill, shorts and t-shirt, windows open. It's not often we can do this in November, but I'm totally happy with it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post