SIGforum
Why does Apple not have restart button on their phones?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9770059384

August 07, 2021, 12:54 AM
sigcrazy7
Why does Apple not have restart button on their phones?
Don’t know why you’d go back to Android. Google has been doing this for awhile now. Out of the kettle and into the fire.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
August 07, 2021, 04:34 PM
NavyGuy
[/QUOTE] https://www.npr.org/2021/08/06...sexual-abuse-privacy[/QUOTE]
adhoure
Okay, thanks for the link. I'm a bit disappointed that Apple caved to this as privacy has been their banner for so long. Still, it seems this is something the other side (Android, Google et al) has been doing for years. And for the record, anything to do with underage exploration, be it actual contact or images is slickening to me as I'm sure it is to all SigForum members.

All considered, I don't think this is a reason to abandon the Apple platform.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
August 07, 2021, 05:05 PM
mark123
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
… anything to do with underage exploration, be it actual contact or images is slickening to me as I'm sure it is to all SigForum members …
No one is against stopping underage abuse but we all just know this technology won’t be used for that alone. Ye olde slippery slope conundrum.
August 07, 2021, 05:14 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
… anything to do with underage exploration, be it actual contact or images is slickening to me as I'm sure it is to all SigForum members …
No one is against stopping underage abuse but we all just know this technology won’t be used for that alone. Ye olde slippery slope conundrum.

Please note: This conversation has been moved to Apple To Abandon Industry-Leading Privacy And Security

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher