SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to buy Office 2016?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy Office 2016? Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
Does anyone know of a legitimate place to buy Office 2016 without a subscription? Multiple sites come up on a Google search, but I've never heard of them before. Thanks!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be office 2016?

If you're fine with it being the latest edition - you should look for "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019" or "Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019". The first one would be $150, and the 2nd one is $250.

If you can go with the 2019 version - you should be able to find it at best buy, microcenter, or costco (probably target and the like as well).

Edit: Looks like maybe you can get it from amazon. Looks to be sold through microsoft and will probably be a digital delivery.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cyanide357,

Posts: 252 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If you have a student address (.edu) you can get a discount.

My last company also had an employee program - $25 for Office pro, Visio, and Project (each as I recall) with an extra $10 for the programs on disc.

When getting my Master's, Adobe had a program for Acrobat Pro - $110, on disc.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14043 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Does your employer have a company agreement with Microsoft? I've bought Office through PerkSpot for $10 or $15.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless there's a compelling reason to buy the standalone, I'd just buy the subscription. I think it's $85 a year for home and covers five installations. I resisted for a long time and really have no regrets.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
So far, no one has answered the OP's actual question. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4018 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My last company also had an employee program - $25 for Office pro, Visio, and Project (each as I recall) with an extra $10 for the programs on disc.

Sadly the home use program is not what it was. It's now just a discount on the office 365 subscription.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10947 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Bestbuy.com

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7964 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You can find it on ebay for less than $10. You will get the key and have to download the program.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Does anyone know of a legitimate place to buy Office 2016 without a subscription? Multiple sites come up on a Google search, but I've never heard of them before. Thanks!
I see a couple on Amazon. Here's one for $69.00:

https://smile.amazon.com/Offic...6%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-5

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30748 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
http://www.mychoicesoftware.com

I buy a lot of software for my business through this place. You can get standalone (non subscription) or subscription. Completely legitimate license key from Microsoft. I have bought at least 30 software packages from them.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ebay option mentioned above is certainly the least expensive. I have bought several copies going that route. Many believe it isn't legit for some reason. My take? If it wasn't legit, Microsoft and Ebay would put a stop to it very quickly.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought a few keys of eBay for $10 and they always worked perfect no problems.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post