SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What famous/well known movie have you never watched?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What famous/well known movie have you never watched? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I envy those that haven't seen Dr Zhivago, I'd love to have the feeling of seeing it for the first time. I was fortunate to see it first run.

Me too. I took a date to see it in a theater and we both were very impressed by it. I've seen it a couple of times since.

One I haven't seen is The Guns of Navarone. I see that it's on Netflix so I'll watch it soon.

Jim

I, too, saw Dr. Zhivago first run in the theater. It was always lurking in the back of my mind as one I should get on DVD. Recently did, and don't regret it. It does hold up well.

Guns of Navarone is another that I saw first run, always loved, and also just got on DVD. Definitely worth seeing if you haven't.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
... I tried to watch Lawrence of Arabia, but those endless scenes of guys riding camels across the desert bored me.

That, as my father used to say, is what makes horse races. Lawrence of Arabia is my all-time favorite movie. Dad took my brother and me to see it when it came out. I have probably seen it at least twenty times, and never tire of it. The screenplay (a copy of which I have read), the acting, the directing, the cinematography, the score, the settings and the story...all are first-rate and combine to make a fascinating and compelling movie. IMO, truly one the the greatest movies ever made. It does help, I admit, to see it on the big screen, and preferably in a wide-screen theater, to take advantage of its magnificent 70mm film.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Gone With The Wind

This

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance228:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Gone With The Wind

This

Same

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Out of Africa

Any and all other movies with Meryl Streep

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Titanic. “I’m the king of the world”, no you aren’t, I’m the king of the remote and changing the channel. Same for any show tunes/musical like Chicago. Fuck no and never.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
None of the Star Wars movies

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Lord of the Rings trilogy (want to just have not made the time)
Happy Potter stuff (not interested)

HK Ag

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pretty much any of them made during the past 25 years.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen every movie mentioned thus far, except Rocky Horror and slasher flicks - not that they should be considered famous, just well trodden pieces of garbage.

Citizen Kane is grossly over-rated. I correctly guessed Rosebud in the first 20 mins of the film so to say it was predictable would be 100% accurate, thus not entertaining.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I dunno.

Some, I'm sure, but I didn't miss many classics since having Film classes back in college.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
There was a similar thread a few years ago, and I mentioned that I had never seen the Godfather series. I became the recipient of an instant karma and was sent the DVD trilogy. Once I watched them all, I paid it forward and sent the trilogy to another Sigforumite.

When I look at IMDB's Top 100 Greatest Movies of All Time I see that I haven't seen 6.5 out of the top 15:
#3 Schindler's List
#4 Raging Bull
#5 Casblanca - to be fair, I've seen portions but never beginning to end
#6 Citizen Kane
#11 Vertigo
#14 On the Waterfront - never even heard of it
#15 Sunset Blvd - never even heard of it

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23321 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I guess if you can call then that - never seen or want to any of the Harry Potter shit and not seen most of the latter Star Wars films.

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Titanic

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
truly one the the greatest movies ever made. It does help, I admit, to see it on the big screen, and preferably in a wide-screen theater, to take advantage of its magnificent 70mm film.

I saw Lawrence of Arabia in Nouakchott, Mauritania--a desert country peopled by Moors, who are part-Arab, part-Berber. They went crazy in the battle scenes.
BTW All us Americans were thrown out in 1967 when Egypt blamed the US and UK for the Israelis kicking their ass.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The one I catch most crap about never having seen is Blazing Saddles.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Last movie wife and I watched was Dr. Zhivago when it originally came out.

Neither of us figure to waste time watching these more recent movies as they seem to be more about special effects than real acting!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

The one I catch most crap about never having seen is Blazing Saddles.
Mel Brooks is a genius.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never seen It’s a Wonderful Life, or the original Psycho. Have seen clips, but not the whole movie. Also only saw Dr. Zhivago for the first time last year, although I was alive when the movie first came out.

Also haven’t seen a single Fast and Furious movie, a record I never expect to break.

Posts: 3341 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The Sound of Music

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post