SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a couple of single mattress' for a camp situation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a couple of single mattress' for a camp situation. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
They will lay on a platform frame. Thoughts

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19194 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
If you have room for them (not limited as in traveling by motorcycle) the blow up air beds are extremely comfortable.
https://www.amazon.com/ZOOOBEL...gid=pla-776259581008

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thx rwv, this is more of a permanent camp type situation. So with that in mind looking more for a actual mattress. Something like that would work though. So I will keep in mind. Thank you.

posted Hide Post
The knock off memory foam mattresses on Amazon are not bad really. I’ve slept on a few here and there with friends, for occasional use they’re great. Not sure how they would hold up being used every night for a year or two, but for a couple hundred dollars they get my vote. They ship to your house in a relatively small box too.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
The knock off memory foam mattresses on Amazon are not bad really. I’ve slept on a few here and there with friends, for occasional use they’re great. Not sure how they would hold up being used every night for a year or two, but for a couple hundred dollars they get my vote. They ship to your house in a relatively small box too.

Rats and mice love chewing on them though. I'd just go with standard Serta mattresses. Usually big lots has them pretty cheap from time to time.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when I hear camp & mattress, next that comes to mind is rodent control.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
In this case rodent's have not been a big issue. Are these foam deals made from cheese? Razz

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
ORC was recently heard saying, “ No, no, no! No more! Not this time, Consigliere! No more meetin's! No more discussions! No more Sollozzo tricks! You give 'em one message—'I want Solozzo. If not, it's all-out war, we go to the mattresses“

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Remember if you go the air mattresses in the camp how will you inflate when their use is needed? Manual or with mechanical assistance. .......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
ORC was recently heard saying, “ No, no, no! No more! Not this time, Consigliere! No more meetin's! No more discussions! No more Sollozzo tricks! You give 'em one message—'I want Solozzo. If not, it's all-out war, we go to the mattresses“

Ok, I like it Wink

posted Hide Post
We put a foam memory mattress on the bed platform in our cabin a couple years ago. We like it better than our bed at our full time home. It came compressed and rolled up in a long box. Quite heavy. When we released it and rolled it out on the bed it took a few hours to fully expand. So far we've not had rodent problems with the mattress, although a lot of mice find their way into the cabin. We always leave a Yooper mousetrap set up when we depart. It's the first thing we remove from the cabin each time we arrive. Sometimes there are 25-30 dead mice to dispose of. We got the mattress from Wayfair. It's a 10.5" firm gel memory foam mattress by Alwyn Home. Full size. Arrived about a week after being ordered.Total cost was about $285.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A real head scratcher. "Permanent camp" sounds like "ongoing temporary situation", like the Philly homeless camp which has stayed up past six 'deadlines'. If it is going to be left in an unconditioned camp for months on end, synthetic might avoid the mustiness of disuse.

In 2008 or so I bought an REI product for my wife. Still have it, still use it. REI Co-op Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad. It is discontinued but there are other options.

https://www.rei.com/search?q=sleeping+pads

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we keep a couple of these around the house

https://www.amazon.com/Milliar...732981_t1_B00DJ8HX96

don't know how tasty they are to rodents

they are plenty comfortable though and they fold up nicely for storage

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have room for them (not limited as in traveling by motorcycle) the blow up air beds are extremely comfortable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You must be young. Or the blow up beds have greatly increased in comfort. Even as a kid I could not sleep or get comfortable. A sleeping bag was better.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post